where to place new green brain???

john

just bought a green open brain about a week ago and was wondering were the best spot to place it is?what kind of current?thanks all

aquaman3680

Depending on the lights and if you have a sand sifting goby, I would recommend that you put it on the sand. They can also live on rock but their natural spot is on the sand.

Matt

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
John what do you have for lights and how many watts ? What are the dimensions of the tank ? Generally Brains do best on the substrate with low/moderate flow. If you have MH's then I would shade him from direct light otherwise they have been known to bleach.

SueT

I love pics of reef tanks with all the brains on the sand bed. It's really cool looking and so natural.

john

3x400 watt mhs in a 180.I had it on the sand but its only opening about half way.Its directly in the light with low current.

SueT

maybe an overhang, scoot it underneath and see if it does better. I had a nice green open brain in my 180g years ago and it was only under 250w halides, 10k and it didn't even like those. Had to place it more in a cave or an overhang would work.