Where I've been

thelastmucci

Ok so as some of you in my immediate circle know I haven't been around the last few days. I truly apologize for this and plan (key word is plan) to be around as much as usual.

I have been in and out of the hospital the last two days and the beginning of the week. More than likely I have 1 of the following problems

1)Mono
2)anemia
3)diabites (sp?)
4)Sinus Infection

The mono there is nothing I can really do except rest which I have been doing allot of.

The anemia I would either have to take iron medicine for or start eating more...to be honest Becky talks allot about her coffee consumption but I drink allot myself and smoke (cigerattes) all day. I eat one big meal a day and that's it. It's just a form of dieting that I've grown accumstomed too and really don't mind it too much.

The diabeties relates back to my eating. I do tend to get dizzy and have these massive headaches but when I either drink orange juice or have coffee with sugar or a candy bar I do tend to feel better. Could just be poor nuttion (which I fully accept and recognize) or it could be diabities. Either way I'm getting checked out for it and it's being taken care...but don't worry I won't have to monitor my blood sugar or take insulin or anything like that...just eat better.

The sinus infection would probably be the easiest one to fix. Just take some sudafed and alka-seltzer and I'd be back in business...One of the reason I was booted from the marines is b/c I had a SEVERE sinus infection which actually landed me in the hospital a few days. The MRI that I got hasn't gotten back yet so we won't know anything till later.

and that's it. The only other reason I wasn't around is b/c I worked on a film with Kevin James this week as an extra and it was a 17 hour day..most of it standing up. It was long tetious and quite honestly the food sucked. But I'm proud of myself for doing it and getting out their. I have done extra work in teh past (the gameplan, 27 dresses) but nothing like this. Luckily it was only a one day call. I did go to 3 other casting calls this weekend but I haven't heard anything yet..it usually takes quite some time.

I hope no one is too mad at me for missing out on all the fun activity....as far as my tank goes I talked to Eddie at CAD this weekend and the glass canopy is finally in so I should be getting it within the week along with teh light...after that I'll proabably buy a big rubbermaid trash can and start making some RO water to leak test it with. I'll also take some pictures of the tank with teh actinics on..the blue is simply amzing on them.

Hope you all are having an awesome weekend.

Mooch.

dfurbee

Mooch,
Me being a nurse, I am concerned about you. First of all, you need to eat more than once a day:yummy: and you know that. Please eat something in the morning. The diabetes thing is scarey. Once you get that, it can lead to kidney, heart, vision and all sorts of problems.:jabber: Sorry, I don't mean to sound like a mother, but am concerned. Please start taking better care of yourself. If you have a sinus infection, tell the doc to give you some Augmentin 875mg. and take it two times a day. Sinus infections can be serious if they go untreated. Sorry about raggin on you, but you got to stay healthy, not just for us but most important, for yourself. Besides that, we want to see your tank build :makefun: :nekid: :smoking: And most important of all, you need to try and stop smoking. We love ya Mooch

Chris3859

Yeah, you need to most def. eat more. I eat 5 small meals a day and....quit smoking! If tar was detritus and your lungs were bio balls...geez. Just think. Gunny Hartman would be mad!

Hang in there jar head! Semper Fi

thelastmucci

Deb...thanks for the heads up on the meds...I know how bad sinus infections can be believe me. Also I don't mind you telling me what's what. To be honest my doc is very flipant and is just so so. I know I need to eat more but I just can't afford food...usually I go to a food bank but haven't been in few weeks. The smoking is just going to take time....I actually tried that chantix stuff they came out with a while ago(from my understanding they are now under a class action lawsuit) and it just made me vomit every day...real nasty stuff...I rather smoke. But I'm thinking that since not just you but everyone is telling me to quit I should. *sigh*

Chris thanks for the concern...yea my DI's would be quite mad at me at teh condition I've become since leaving boot....Semper fi right back at ya.

glampka

Mooch, get healthy man!! If you don't start taking care of yourself we'll have to send you know who out there to whip your butt! Just remember who your friends are when you become rich & famous from your acting career!!

thelastmucci

Thanks guys much appreciated. Chris...actually I was reading up on the quote and while Reagan did say that line (and made it famous) it wasn't coined by him...if you ever are able to get ahold of the pre and then current WWII manuals the quote is actually in there...this is debate on who said it back then but it was defanitely before Reagan.

dfurbee

Mooch, get healthy man!! If you don't start taking care of yourself we'll have to send you know who out there to whip your butt! Just remember who your friends are when you become rich & famous from your acting career!!

And I will come with her!!

thelastmucci

just to let you al know I am actually eating today..went out aned bought a box of ramen noodles and have them cooling right now...personally I hate really hot food so I always let it cool...or worse case scenario put an ice cube in it.

SJS

Ohhh man!! Dont make me come out there and cook for you!! (peanut butter and jelly sammies and honey nut cheerios are my specialties!!) I'll pick up Becky on my way and meet up with Deb and you'll be one sorry guy!!
Seriously, Good for you on the movie parts!! Now, get you eating habits in line - minimum 3 times a day - better 5 small meals a day!

dfurbee

Steph is right, PB&J and honey nut cheerios!! Not too costly (if you buy off brands), and PB has more protein for you! Cheerio's have the fiber ;) Mucci, I know you don't want the 3 of us coming out!!!

thelastmucci

you know it's funny...I got this terrible PB at the food bank one week...it's gotta be like 5 lbs of the stuff...its just AWFUL.....there's oil on the top and it tastes stale. Personally I like chunky peanut butter and if I have it around I just eat it right outta the box. If I go to the food bank this week I'll be sure to pick up some cereal (usually they have corn flakes) Good stuff. It's also funny as you may have read in a previous thread I was training to be a personal trainer so I know all about the 5 meals a day stuff. When I get some money from this acting stuff I'm defanitley making an investment in some protein powder...now that stuff fills you up.

lcstorc

Sorry you have been so sick. Did they run a mono test? It is a very simple test that just requires a throat swab. I can't believe they wouldn't do one. (Can you tell I have had it? :) ) It is nasty and never goes away entirely you have to watch out for the rest of your life or you can have a relapse.
Also Ramen noodles have very little nutrition in them. I know they are cheap but I agree with the cereal. At least it is vitamin fortified. If you can get milk with it, even better. PB+J is another really cheap and pretty good for you choice. Also the chicken hot dogs are really cheap and something a bit hot for you. Another good trick is beans. High protein for little money. (Can you tell I have been there as well?)
We're all rooting for you. Get better soon.
Hmm I sound a lot like what I am a mom with a nurse for a mom. :)

rlcline76

Save your RO filter, just use tap to check for leaks.

Muhahahahahaha, I am YOU KNOW WHO...and I spent a whole weekend learning how to talk to military people. I could tell you everything that Deb has said...but I learned most of you military people live in the here and now, details and feelings not necessary. So I'll just say: SHUT UP AND EAT...NOW!!!! lol I can't wait to use it on my husband!