What's wrong with Copepods

Basile

Photo032.jpg
[/IMG]

Ok this is getting me crazy. I'm trying to make my pods multiply. I got a biotope of macroalgae different kind it a 10 g tank and it's purpouse is just to have a good selection od algae to trade nothing more its not hooked to any system and the pods are not coming. Just a few here and there. Whats wrong with it. How can i get those critter to multiply more rapidly. The susstrate is mud covered with 2 " sand, lighting is fine for my algae,whats missing can anybody help.

Photo035.jpg

Photo042.jpg

Photo027.jpg

Photo044.jpg

framerguy

Feed them some phytoplankton. They take time to show good numbers. I am six months into this tank build and I am just now seeing mass numbers. It really took off when I started dosing the fuge with DT's phyto. Not much though, you don't want to fuel your algae growth too!

Basile

Feed them some phytoplankton. They take time to show good numbers. I am six months into this tank build and I am just now seeing mass numbers. It really took off when I started dosing the fuge with DT's phyto. Not much though, you don't want to fuel your algae growth too!

What type of phytoplancton would you recommend( brand) i mean and what dozage for my 10g.

sen5241b

My copepods exploded a few weeks after I built a pod pile. Take smaller pieces of live rubble (I used white branch coral) that fish can't get in between. Pods can breed in there with out getting eaten too soon. Pods love phytoplankton. I use Phytoplex. I've had a Mandarin Goby for a month and he hasn't made a dent in the pod population.

If you can find it pods flourish best on Rhodomonas.

framerguy

I use DT's brand. As far as dosing I am almost afraid to make a recommendation because I have never used it in a system that size. I use 1/2 cap full in my system which has nearly 500 gallons in it. You could start with .5cc (1/2cc) and go from there. If you get an algae bloom then reduce it. You probably won't need to dose more than once or twice a week.

Basile

I use DT's brand. As far as dosing I am almost afraid to make a recommendation because I have never used it in a system that size. I use 1/2 cap full in my system which has nearly 500 gallons in it. You could start with .5cc (1/2cc) and go from there. If you get an algae bloom then reduce it. You probably won't need to dose more than once or twice a week.

Ok thanks .