What's with my anemone?

So I recently bought a long tentacle anemone. It was looking good for a while but, the last couple of days some of its tentacles seem to be deflated and some are full at the top and some appear to be pinched in the middle. My parameters are awesome nitrates, trites, and ammonia are 0, pH 8.2, S.G. 1.026, temp between 79 and 82. I am running 96 watts with awesome mirrored reflectors, in a 36 gal tank. So can anyone tell me, "What's up with my anemone?"

lcstorc

We would need more information and pics to really know but the first thing that comes to mind is not enough light. Anemones are high light animals and really aren't going to be happy under PC lighting. That may or may not be the problem now but it will be at some point.
How long have you had the anemone. How old is the tank? What is the other stock in the tank?

The tank is around six months old. I started about the end of February beginning of March. I have a Flame angel and a yellow tang, with around 25 snails (nerite, cerith, narcarius). Nevermind the spelling. A fire shrimp and a choc chip starfish. The lights are T5HO. I will try to get a pic up in a few minutes. Will it help if I remove the top of the tank and maybe move the anemone to the top of the rocks although he will probably move back down to the sand bed. I will also be adding a sump in about a week well when it gets here. So I can remove the lid for good

nikkipigtails

The other thing that comes to mind is that the tank is too small for the yellow tang. Tangs like to swim a lot and need to be in a long tank. If you can safely move the anemone higher, closer to the light then that may help. What are your water parameters? Anemones are very sensitive to poor water quality.

My water quality is good I stated them in the first post. I know about the yellow tang. right now he is rather small only around 2.5" If I don't upgrade before he gets too big I will take him back to the fish store. Here are some pic of the anemone when i first added him around two weeks ago

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

The other thing that comes to mind is that the tank is too small for the yellow tang. Tangs like to swim a lot and need to be in a long tank. If you can safely move the anemone higher, closer to the light then that may help. What are your water parameters? Anemones are very sensitive to poor water quality.

My parameters are awesome nitrates, trites, and ammonia are 0, pH 8.2, S.G. 1.026, temp between 79 and 82. This test was done today around 6 pm.

I wouldn't move the nem. It will move when it wants to move.

Should I move it now so when the lights come on in the morning so he is already up there? Or should I do it tomorrow. Also, my skimmer drains right over that area would the bubbles bother him. He has wedged himself in a cave in the rock how will I get him out without getting stung and does it hurt when you do get stung. I need to prepare myself for what may be to come.

Varga

I would just leave it alone, if you see his mouth open and goo coming out just remove it.

they dont do good in new tanks and they need halides

good luck

Debby

It might be hungry due to not enough lite try to feed it a silverdale.Due not force feed just put it in tenicles and let it take to mouth.

I feed him 1/2 a cube of frozen mysis shrimp thawed in tank water everyday to every other day. Is this enough or should I feed more often or something different. I have thought about making this MUSH that seems to be so popular. But that will have to wait until I get a bigger fridge.

BigJay

I'm not a nem expert but I think feeding once a week should be plenty. Over feeding is worse then under feeding. I wouldn't try to move him at all you could tear his foot and that will almost surely lead to infection and death.