whats the likelihood

Phreek

of copepods surviving if the have to go thru pump impellars?like if your refugium is plumbed underneath your DT the water has return via pump ie so do the copepods.so can they survive this?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I've always thought it would make an interesting study to set up a 10 gallon aquarium stocked with pods with a return pump to a lifeless 10 gallon tank and then count the number that make it through alive in 24, and 48 hours.

I would theorize that a certain percentage would make it alive. Also, different pump styles could affect the outcome.

Phreek

hmm that would be pretty cool huh.well what styles would inflict the least amount of damage..i'm tryin to keep the pods not commit genocide lol

lcstorc

I believe a good percentage can make it through. In my system I hace minimized the number of pumps the go through by connecting the sump and fuge using gravity instead of a pump but I don't know how you could do it without a pump unless the fuge was over the DT. They are pretty small I am pretty sure the fish would even eat bits and pieces if they were chopped up in the pump.

Phreek

hmm good point lynn, i guess pod pump genocide is one reason people like in tank fuges lol.ut they r pretty small and despite a headache and being a bit dizzy they will probably make it back up to the DT alive