What To Start With

lebloom

I want to add my 1st coral to my 75 but am not sure what. My tanks been a FOWLR for around 3 yrs and would like something to add that will really make it stand out. I been asking in other forums, even went to the bare bottom one. I don't think I really like that bare look, know what I mean?

Charlie97L

well, with a coral beauty, you run the risk of it having an all-you-can-eat-coral buffet with whatever you put in there, just so you know.

you could start with something like some mushrooms or a nice leather that is tough... what lighting and flow do you have? that will really determine what you can keep successfully.

lebloom

I have 4 powerheads, one in each upper corner and a emperor filter, just for water circulation. My lighting is just 130W though so I want something for low lighting if there is something.

Charlie97L

Yeah, the leathers, a lot of the mushrooms, and some LPS should be fine for low lighting. you can check out any website that sells coral, and they should have the light requirements.

mps9506

Honestly the only thing I would recomend for your setup would be mushrooms. Anything more I would highly suggest upping your filtration and lighting.

KeyserSoze

I would pass along some excellent advice that I heard once. "There's a big difference between survive and thrive." With your lighting I'd start with some mushrooms. There are alot of different varieties and colors to choose from. They are extremely hardy and grow and spread rapidly. They've been so successful in my tank that I've given extras that "jumped ship" to friends.