What swims in your tank?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Good question. My tanks a 220. Favorite to watch from a distance would have to b the hippo tang. Its just goofy. Favorite to watch close up. Mandarin. Best pet? vlamingi tang.

Matts DROIDX via Tapatalk

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
Solarensis Fairy Wrasse. In fact, that's all I have....

He'll dart up to the surface if he sees food. When you don't feed him, he'll be pouty and swim in the back. He'll be cruising around the tank (75 gallon) and stop out of nowhere, thinking he sees something edible. He can also move his eyes independently, so that's always fun to watch. I'm not sure how happy he would be in a 34 gallon cube, but he's definitely a fun to watch fish.

michael_cb_125

My tank is 92 gallons.

I currently only have two fish (Bandit Angels) and they are my favorite. They are such an interactive species. They will follow me around the tank, I can pet them, they eat from my hand and they can tell the difference between me and other people.

I know the last part seems like a stretch, but I have an entire family who will back me up on it :)

~Michael

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
My Melanarus wrasse is my favorite, just such an active and curious fish with a voracious appetite he'll even bite the hands that feeds him...lol

PS: I guess I was missing some additional info: 93gal tank with a Purple/kole Tang, Pink skunk clownfish, Red Elongated dottyback, Yellowtail Damsel.

Last edited:

steved13

PREMIUM
I have a 250 gallon, with a purple tang, yellow tang, solar wrasse, yellow wrasse, randals goby, a pair of percula clowns, 2 chalkbass, and 7 barnacle blennies.

For the size tank your considering, I would highly recommend the barnacle blennies, they have bright pink arond the eyes and mouth so they look like a circus clown, and the have great personality. They perch in a barnacle or hole in the rock and watch everything, they remind me of a jawfish when their watching everything, when they se food they dart out and back in a blur to catch it. They stay small so a nice light bio load.

You also might want to consider the chalkbass, they are very hardy, active swimmers, and when they spaw or practicing they do a synchronized swim.

sgild001

melanarus wrasse here too, only a 30g but he is quite happy with his friends too, he has 2 occellaris, scooter dragonette and a blue devil it is definitely his tank though =) great fish. mine will follow me back and forth across the tank hopping for food to get dropped in, and it is great to watch him swim in the current to eat shrimp.

pdawg

In my 135 gallon tank, I would have to say my Falcos hawkfish. Even though their are others like my powder brown and scribbled rabbitfish, I just love the Falco's personality. Instead of turning around when he see's something, you'll notice him move his head to the left or right, almost as if he is looking over his shoulder. And he also doesn't mess with my coral banded.

IPisces

All right, you asked.
I have a few tanks. Sizes in gallons are a 90, 75, 55, 54 and 34rsm. Also have a 3gal picco, but no fish in it. The list of fish are;
pair orange ocellaris clownfish
pair black ocellaris clownfish
saddleback clownfish
clarki clownfish
platinum clownfish
picasso clownfish
tail spot blenny
orange diamond goby
black bar chromis
gold stripe maroon clownfish
flame hawkfish
2 tomani flamefin tangs
yellow tang
blue hippo tang
orange shoulder tang
mccoskers wrasse
hawaiian saddleback wrasse
spotted mandarin
red mandarin
zebra stripe dart fish
3 blue head chromis
pajama cardinal
yellow assessor basslet
and I think my favorite is the dwarf gold moray eel. He's a lot of fun to have.

DSC07789.jpg

DSC07772.jpg

soco

Wow ipicies that's alot of fish.

I have a 90gal with a maroon clown 2yellow tail damsels a tri color fairy wrasse an adornatus wrasse and a coral beauty(she nips nut is beautiful.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Lemonpeel

I have a 90 with:
2 perc clowns
1 Cinamon clown
1 Flame Angel
1 Coral Beauty
1 Molly
3 Chromis
1 Neon Damsel
1 Neon Goby
1 Sharknose Goby

My faves would have to be the gobies. Where they are cleaner varieties the others swim up to them and are cleaned. Very cool.

Thanks everyone..will definitely check outnsome of the fish u shared with me..

Leemon peel-

Did I miss on your list? A lemon peel? Hehehe
Xoxo

Kimchi

50 gallon tank has a Tiger Watchmen Goby and 2 ocellaris clowns. I'd have to say that the clowns are amusing but the goby is most interesting to watch.

80 gallon has, as of last night, a starry blenny and a skunk clownfish. The blenny is my favorite so far.

Love the photo..to me he is sooooo cute..

All right, you asked.
I have a few tanks. Sizes in gallons are a 90, 75, 55, 54 and 34rsm. Also have a 3gal picco, but no fish in it. The list of fish are;
pair orange ocellaris clownfish
pair black ocellaris clownfish
saddleback clownfish
clarki clownfish
platinum clownfish
picasso clownfish
tail spot blenny
orange diamond goby
black bar chromis
gold stripe maroon clownfish
flame hawkfish
2 tomani flamefin tangs
yellow tang
blue hippo tang
orange shoulder tang
mccoskers wrasse
hawaiian saddleback wrasse
spotted mandarin
red mandarin
zebra stripe dart fish
3 blue head chromis
pajama cardinal
yellow assessor basslet
and I think my favorite is the dwarf gold moray eel. He's a lot of fun to have.

DSC07789.jpg

DSC07772.jpg