What should i put in my biocube?

I'm getting a 29g Biocube this friday for $350.
It comes with water, live rock, sand and crushed coral substrate, two Black Clowns and a big pink tip condy anemone that i plan on putting in my larger tank, protein skimmer, uv sterilizer, extra bags of sand, test kits etc. not sure if im forgetting anything but thats most of it. :D

I want to turn it into a nano reef with a few small fish. What should i put in it? Fish, inverts, corals, etc? Any suggestions are appreciated :)

The two clowns are good.(are they mated). For coals I would think soft. Like mushroom corals, Zoas, xenia, Kenya tree, frogspawn, torch coral, hammer coral, (when I get my tank up and running again, I have a 29 nano cube, I will be putting all that and i will be including fungia, I'm gonna do acan coral, gonna try to do lobo. These are what I think u should try. Oh what he said earlier get rid of the crushed coral :)

The two clowns are good.(are they mated). For coals I would think soft. Like mushroom corals, Zoas, xenia, Kenya tree, frogspawn, torch coral, hammer coral, (when I get my tank up and running again, I have a 29 nano cube, I will be putting all that and i will be including fungia, I'm gonna do acan coral, gonna try to do lobo. These are what I think u should try. Oh what he said earlier get rid of the crushed coral :)

The clowns are hosting on the anemone so i was planning on taking both of them and the anemone out because it's pretty large and takes up a lot of the tank. And yes they are mated. And yeah i was planning on getting that out right away and replacing it with sand. I really like hammer coral and frogspawn and stuff like that. Some zoas and xenia would be cool too. :)
Thanks for the input!

QuentinB

Hey, I think I missed you on chat the other day? Maybe?

Anyway, I would totally suggest a yellow watchman goby, I love mine. But the pistol shrimp stirs up sand and makes a mess of the tank. But if you want a fun little bottom dweller... ;)

And good deal on the tank, dang... Have fun!

Hey, I think I missed you on chat the other day? Maybe?

Anyway, I would totally suggest a yellow watchman goby, I love mine. But the pistol shrimp stirs up sand and makes a mess of the tank. But if you want a fun little bottom dweller... ;)

And good deal on the tank, dang... Have fun!

I have no idea haha I had never checked the chat out so i went on it and i think i was the only person there haha :)

I actually ended up going with a different tank that has some nicer lights and stuff on it and its stocked full with rock thats been in it for 2 years with some zoas, kenyas, and some nice mushrooms. For fish it has a Banggai Cardinal, Ocellaris clown, and a mandarin goby eating brine shrimp, and a bunch of snails and hermits! I'll throw some pics up when i get home! :D

Here some pics of whats going on inside. It's a bit messy and a little aiptasia problem but i've had it once before and took care of it with a syringe and some hot water no problem :)

2n04myt.jpg

30shugj.jpg

2hg4e9c.jpg

210habo.jpg

293kk0w.jpg

Honestly i'm not really sure haha. I couldn't really find much about them. although i didn't look very hard i guess. anyone have any ideas?
They just showed up one day. I was going to terminate them but they aren't hurting anything so i might just leave them on there :snowski:

They do look like duncan. I couldn't say for sure though because i dont know haha. They dont bother anyone and they dont move at all. And i dont mind looking at them so i just figured i would leave them there. :)

Last edited: