What next?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:( I do not think that is 'cool'. If I were a store owner, I would not purchase them.

:stars: I actually saw these two weeks ago in a friends fish store and expressed my conserns, he said whats the diff between this and the died tetras that have been around for a long time i told him i felt the same way about them.

dam freshwater people if they want cool fish they should go salt!!!!!;)

DeepBlue

This is almost like that SUSHI posting that someone had mentioned here where they take the skin off an angel fish while it is still alive and put it back in the tank after to swim around.

This makes me mad because some of these exporters from asia and the american store owners think it is good for business to mutilate and torture fish for the sake of making them cool and maybe Johnny will want to take up the hobby because of an altered fish. This is bulls#*t! What was so wrong with loving the fish and all of gods creations just as they were naturally intended, that we now need to have tatooed fish? This is sick and I think irresponsible to even support the trade of altered fish. JMHO....

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Not something very cool or smart there, got to wonder about how many dead fish=a heart tattoo? what a sad way to expand a hobby. Steve

deaclauderdale

The sad thing is that there is obviuosly a market for this malconstruded abnormalities. But like all fads let's hope this one passes away.

saltwaterfarm

This is more widespread than you think. My LFS was very p'd when they received a shipment of tattooed oscars... I think it is horrible, and they did too.

R.yumaDaddy?

Who are we to even think about ruling this as "cruel, inhumane torture"? We keep wild animals in tiny class cages. We are the reason this is being done. If you dont agree with it dont purchase it.
I feel as long as tatooing is ONLY being done to captive breed & raised stock the owner can do whatever he wants with them. Heck id rather be a tatooed molly than a sick feeder guppy or a dyed Goniopora. Dont jump on the media bandwagon that has nothing else to talk about.

R.yumaDaddy?

DSCF4413.jpg

blurred because I was gitty with amusement.

Gina

RS STAFF
I think it's cruel!
I have to ask what might the effects of the ink be? Any?

saltwaterfarm

I just can't imagine how painful that must be for those fish. As a human, it's one thing to CHOOSE to be tattooed, knowing the pain associated with that. It makes me think of these fish as people who were at one time imprisoned and tattoed with numbers for identification...

R.yumaDaddy?

The actual procedure is not mentioned. Does anyone have some good hard info on that? "Tatooing" sounds much to general to apply to that of humans experiences.