what light do i need for a soft coral tank?

BLAKEJOHN

Moon lights are purley asthstetic. They are for your viewing pleasure when light are out. The corals and fish couldn't care less if they are there or not.

Ok because people on dr foster smith said that they promote normal nocturnal behaivor in the fish. but every light out there that is for a reef now has bluemoon. I was just curious.

For Sale
Coralife 48" 2 150 Hqi M/h +2 96 Watt Pc And 3 Blue Moon Lights
All Bulbs Are 2 Months Old. Hqi's Are Xm 15k's.
Pc's Are Current Usa Square Pin 03 Actinics
300. firm + shipping
This Fixture Is About 16 Months Old. Works Great.

I got this PM from "fuast" he is selling it. Should I consider buying it? Or could I get a better deal else where. I would'nt be buying it anytime soon so he may sell it by then (soon as in 4-5 months-possibly even3 months but not likely).

jjohnson3

For Sale
Coralife 48" 2 150 Hqi M/h +2 96 Watt Pc And 3 Blue Moon Lights
All Bulbs Are 2 Months Old. Hqi's Are Xm 15k's.
Pc's Are Current Usa Square Pin 03 Actinics
300. firm + shipping
This Fixture Is About 16 Months Old. Works Great.

I got this PM from "fuast" he is selling it. Should I consider buying it? Or could I get a better deal else where. I would'nt be buying it anytime soon so he may sell it by then (soon as in 4-5 months-possibly even3 months but not likely).

You need to get this. This will allow you to keep whatever you want in your tank. 300 bucks. Thats killer...

BLAKEJOHN

I dont believe they promote noctunal behavior. They just alow you to see it.
Nocturnal means after dark, So why would it promote the behavior if you are actually adding light? Kinda oxy moron if you ask me.

right now i have a cora life t5 24" light bar with atinic lighting i have a rock with about 35+heads of yellow polyps then a couple floating around on the other rocks a 5" kenya tree a rock with about 60 green star polyps and a rock with about 30 polyps there all doing great. its really a personal preference for me thoe i had a nem and there hard to take care of for the main concern imo but as for everyone has said lighting is a big big big factor in sw aquariums do alot of research before you go and get one not to be mean or repeat it there very nice specimens to have but very very sensitive to water quality and lighting....... but as everyone else said it does depend on your tank for lights and what kind of corals your gonna have.. not to down grade you as for i am pretty new to the hobby but i have learned alot from alot of these people on here there steering you the right way........

thomas

And not to double post but here is a saying i keep in my head and though about writing it on my trim of my tank.

"When you give you sha'll receive"

be nice to your tank and in return it will pleasure you with a ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

yeah thanks
the only problem is that he doesnt use paypal no offense but i dont trust people just met on the internet
so i think i may try to use payapl for light or jsut buy a different light

what thought?
the light faust is selling?
for some reason the thread he was selling it on is now locked it said
locked on op request
anyone know what that means?

faust

means i decided to keep it and start up a frag tank
also i just flat out got tired of the lowballers

faust

it wasn't you. i was all of it. 799.99 light when bought with 200.00 in new bulbs and people want to offer 100.00 then get miffed when i tell them there outta their minds.
my selling price was a deal, scratch that .a freakin steal!

Yeah well i did get carried away with the 225 price but the 250 wasnt bad form 275 that was priced
i just want corals really bed i may be going to fast
well not to offend you or anything but not buying of people on the internet is something i dont do with all the frauds lately
i wouldve bought that light in 2 months i think if i didnt find a light that would be better or would be a better idea for my tank
not that yours wasnt a good deal but i just have some preferences for light and prices