what kind of wrasse is this

reefman420

you dont know and u bought it?

looks to be some sort of flasher wrasse,make sure u have a tight fitting lid

zeus_roush

well i have egg crate cut to fit each side of my tank and screen laying on top of that. so hopefully i ll be ok. The guy at the store didnt know what is was except he knew it was wrasse. $20

reefman420

20 bucks u got a steal...im gonna add a pair of leapord wrasses to my 155 bow

i will have a six line,2 leapords,and a yellow corris

zeus_roush

i was looking for a wrasse, so i picked him up. I wasnt sure what kind i wanted, but he/she caught my eye and when the guy said 20 i said bag it.
the leopards where one that i was looking at. the yellow coris the guy showed me tonight but he would dig it out of the sand and poof right back into the sand it went. so considering this is the only fish i have i didnt want one that did nothing but hide

zeus_roush

i have found like 5 wrasses it looks like. but just as i think its one the next picture looks nothing like it. mckoser female maybe

prow

zeus_roush

yes wasnt getting any responses so i changed instead of asking what i should get to what type is this sorry for the inconvience

zeus_roush

i want to try and narrow it down because i want to make sure iam doing everything possible to keep it healthy. i have found everything from red parrot, to yellow tail fairy wrasse, blackfin flame wrasse, and others that look like it one picture then not in the next pic

zeus_roush

the only colors on it a really main body red belly white yellow here and there and black tail and dorsal fin, very light lines on the body

prow

black tail? ok need a better pic, but for now i am keeping my money on a filimented wrasse.

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
First, I think I made an error I'm sure on that ID. I went to the other link Prow posted which had a big pic on it. I thought that was a bigger, better pic of the fish in question and was posted by zeus_roush but was actually a pic posted by Surfzone. Under Surfsone's pic is a post by Prow

need a better pic but based on what looks like more yellow tails i would say its a filamented flasher wrasse

So for me it was that pic in question and what Prow was questioning, where I said there no doubt that is a Carpenter, as the two blue merging lines to the eyes and other color patterns give it always as a Carpenter 100%

Based on that, I think Prow is correct and it is filamented flasher wrasse and as he stated we still need a better pic.

prow

ahh ic how you came up with that. lol, i was wondering how you could for sure tell with them in the bag and not so close/clear shots, lol. the one in the "big" pic above my post, yeah for sure that is a carpenters 100%. surfzone posted that as i was posting mine, i did not even see that until after the post. internet miscommunications got to love them. ok, so zeus_roush, where is the "better" pic at:D??