What is wrong with my anemone???

Chris V

Hi everyone so I have had this tank for about three months and everything had been fine till about 2 weeks ago when I added an anemone I have been doing water changes every 1-2 weeks some of the anemone legs have been kind of shriveled up and I’m not sure what is the problem they are not completely shriveled up just some of them and the ones that have shriveled up are kind of greenish. Please help wouldn’t let me post a picture

DaveK

Anemones require top quality water, excellent lighting and filtration. They also require well established, stable tanks, and this usually require the tank be running without issues for about a year.

Most likely your system is too new and not stable, and this is why the anemone looks bad. If possible the best thing would be to return the anemone to the LFS. They should have never sold it to you. If you plan to keep it do everything you can to keep water quality high and the system stable.

Chris V

Anemones require top quality water, excellent lighting and filtration. They also require well established, stable tanks, and this usually require the tank be running without issues for about a year.

Most likely your system is too new and not stable, and this is why the anemone looks bad. If possible the best thing would be to return the anemone to the LFS. They should have never sold it to you. If you plan to keep it do everything you can to keep water quality high and the system stable.
Ok thank you so much I will most likely be keeping it and doing water changes every 5-7 days from now on and checking water param every 1-2 days. Thank You

DaveK

If your going to do water changes, make sure you parameters match the tank water as close as possible. Anemones don't like even minor changes to their environment. You only want to chage about 10% a week under normal conditions.