what is this...help?

nightfire76

are these bubles or what? they arent streaks,thats my camra that made it look that way they are little dots all over my tanks glass

Attachments

• 100_1318.JPG
    100_1318.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 79

nightfire76

they do,they dont look like bubbles to me and many seem to be swimming around,i know if they are copes thats good but i only have 6.5 lbs of LR and no fish in there to eat em and no sump

nightfire76

i do but but this just now broke out within the last 2 days and i been having the sand in there for like 4 or so months

nightfire76

cant really add a CUC right now cause im waiting out the ich life cycle and was told i shouldnt keep a CUC right now cause they can carry a part of the lifecycle,it wont be up til bout mid november

Don't worry about it. Explosions of copepods are not unusual especially in a newer tank, and especially one without any CUC at all.

Don't worry... they're cyclic... they will only grow to the population your tank allows... you would also be suprised at what eats them. Most fish will, given the chance.

lcstorc

If they are copepods, then no worries. Do they look like tiny little bugs? IF so, then that is likely what they are and your fish will appreciate the snack when they come home.
They don't really look like pods to me, but the pic isn't close enough to tell. I would swipe the glass with your mag-float and see what happens. If they brush off easily then wait to see if they come back and how quickly. You first said they may be bubbles and if they come back quickly then that would be my guess.
Is there any chance of a closer pic? Can you try to scoop some out of the tank and take a pic with a magnifying glass or something?
They don't really worry me since it is likely totally harmless, but now I am curious. :)

nightfire76

lynn i just tried your idea and of course i dont have a magnifying glass and with this camra i doubt i can get a closer pic,ill try to figure out how i might can though.i just now tried cleaning some of the back glass using my fingures and i can now comfirm they arent bubbles because its not so easy to get them off the glass and you can feel their texture and when you take em off they dont cling back on the glass so fast heres another pic

Attachments

• 100_1319.JPG
    100_1319.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 55

lcstorc

The not exactly round part doesn't matter. Some are round and some are not. The reason I went there was when you said they are somewhat attached to the glass and a bit resistant.
I really can't tell anything from the pics so I'm not sure what more help I can be. Do you have a macro mode on the cam? When I said magnifying glass I was saying just a regular magnifying glass and take a pic through that. There is just no detail at all to identify.

nightfire76

lol i know what ya meant and i cant believe i dont have one,ill go buy one today and i see ya reasoning bout what they might be and if they are eggs ill be over loaded on snails then and maybe not good ones,thanks though for the help,if i can come up with anything new ill post it here

nightfire76

me and wifey were talking and if these are eggs,im screwed cause i dont have a sump and its covering 48" of glass top to bottom so im gonna have to get rid of em fast