What is happening with this mushroom coral

Reef6789

my mushroom coral is covered ina purple and white sort of tissue. It has never ever done this before so I am kind of worried below are some pictures. The coral also has a black spot where it lost its color. Does anyone know what is happeningDDC8461C-5347-4BCF-BBC4-F28D3D0C7B65.jpeg4321B45C-5226-4430-8355-26B830447F5A.jpeg4321B45C-5226-4430-8355-26B830447F5A.jpeg As of now it is also very shriveled up and releasing slime. I just had my water tested today and everything was in line. I don’t know the exact parameters as I get it tested at LFS

DaveK

... I just had my water tested today and everything was in line. I don’t know the exact parameters as I get it tested at LFS

The coral looks bad. It looks like it's turned inside out and since it's throwing slime, there is a high chance that it's in really bad shape. About all you can do is keep a moderate flow of water over it and hope. It may recover.

Since you mention a black spot, this could be a sting from another coral or other live stock. It's hard to say.

Having your water tested by your LFS and then not even getting the actual results, in effect, means you have no idea of your water has any problems or not. Do yourself a big favor and get yourself some decent test kits and test your own water. I'd recommending getting them from one of the big online suppliers. Test kits have a shelf life, and they could have been sitting around your LFS for years. I like Sailfret, Elos, and SeaChem for aquarium grade test kits. I like Hach and LaMotte for high end test kits, but these tend to be extremely expensive.

Uncle99

How long has this coral been in your tank?
Mushrooms are one of the hardiest corals out there so if there has been a dramatic change.....It must be in the environment....change in light....change in Alk......something died and ammonia is spiking...I haven't trusted the LFS to tell me anything.....you need to know what the normal values are and keep them in check.
Min. Would be
SG 1.025-1.026
Temp 77-80
Ph 8.0-8.4
Nitrate 0
Ammonia 0
Phosphate 0
Again...DaveK advice is in the money!

Reef6789

It seems to have gone back to normal I did recently get a nem so that explains the sting. I t is now compleatly spread out. It is still attracted to the rock it came with so I moved it to a separate rock on the other side of the tank away from the nem.

How has the mushroom looking now? A few weeks in from your post? All still positive I hope - let us know how it’s all doing :)

Reef6789

How has the mushroom looking now? A few weeks in from your post? All still positive I hope - let us know how it’s all doing :)

It seems to be recovering turns out my rock flower anemone stung it cause of it to have that reaction. I did move the shroom out of the way of the nem.