what fish can i add?

sebastian

i have 125 gal tank with 30 gal sump, euro reef skimmer, few wave making pumps, light 760 watt.

I'm looking for new fish that will swimm in open space...so i can see it. some of my fish will hide/host most of the time

have right now hippo tang, 2 anthias, 2 clown fish, 1 six line wrasse, i cleaner wrasse, eibli angel.
my corals/inverts are: 3 branching grape corals, 3 colonies of green star polyps, 2 colonies od zoo's, frogspawn, about 100 mashroom corals, 10 green ricordea corals, 6 red ricordea corals, colt coral, toadstool coral, and few green button polyps.
any advice will be hrlpfull
thanks
sebastian

lcstorc

The one fish that is almost always out and about in my tank is my sailfin tang. Beautiful fish and gets along well with everything in the tank. They do get very large however. Max size is 16in so it will eventually outgrow your tank. I went ahead and got it anyway and absolutely love the fish. When the tank starts to look small for him I will either upgrade my tank or send him back to the lfs.

sebastian

thx i was thinking about it.... very nice peacfull... but like You said it will outgrow my tank in 2 years and i don't want to upgrade again/ just did 2 mnts ago.
thx again Sebastian:swmfish:

Snelly40

my yellow tang, which stays much smaller than the sailfin, is always swimming around non stop

rDr4g0n

from what ive read certain fish will promote other fish to come out into the open water area and swim around. i cant verify that since im a salt water aquarium noob, but my understanding was that cardinals and chromis' are friendly fish who can convince other fish to stop hiding and have fun :)

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
If you want a fish that can swim in open spaces then Tangs and Wrasses come to mind. Your Anthias and Hippo should be out in the open, how much LR do you have ?

My suggestion would a Fairy Wrasse like the Scott's or the Pink margin Wrasse, just make sure you keep an eye on the 6-line he can be aggressive with new intoductions especially other Wrasses.

sebastian

thx to all.... i like yellow tang ... but .... i heard it agressive.... and my six line wrasse - that is true - is agressive to new additions.... smaller than him.... i like green chromis... can i have only 2???
- i have around 100lbs of LR
sebastian

Snelly40

my yellow tang really is not aggressive, and as long as they have some space they will be ok, mine gets along great with some of the other fish. my yellow tang and yellow watchman actually hang out together sometimes and watch the rest of the tank :)

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
The Yellow Tang usually becomes aggressive when it matures and even then it's usually territorial with new additions so as long as the smaller less aggressive fish are introduced first you shouldn't have a problem.

Witfull

harliquin tusk,,,,i love mine!

flash-tusk.jpg

sebastian

i love Your harliquin tusk....looks very, hm reefy... is it safe with most corals???\
thx for link - checked - very usefull
sebastian

sebastian

with snails hm... you never know i think it's a p character of the fish... i have long nose hawkfish.... they say "snails and crabs are in danger" not in my case.... he's not interested ... so .....thx
sebastain