what do you think of this ro?

Hmm .... if it was me I wouldn't buy it .... but that is just me ... I'm RO/DI crazy ... mine is a MaxCap RO/DI from Spectrapure that i have made into an 8 stage unit lol .... so people think i'm crazy when i tell them that !

are you going to use your DI from the other unit you have on it?

I didn't like how it says
Membrane rejection 96% (typical)

that may be ..... but i buy them tested from Spectrapure and they test and certify theirs at
Guaranteed minimum 98% rejection or better.....

hmmm ... some people use the ones from Home Depot for crying out loud lol ... so i guess as long as you test for TDS and such .... keep up on the filter changing ..... you should be fine ... I'd look into the MaxCap from Spectrapure .... darn good unit and the MaxCap DI really does hold a ton like they say it does ... I make TONS of water and have only replaced the DI once in a whole year....

there are other things i thought about last night while looking at my unit....

<edit>

this unit has no clear housings for quick visual checks of sediment filters .... no psi pressure gauge to be able to tell when you need to change carbon blocks or sediment filters or if your psi in your tap is enough to make it run efficiently! (40 - 60 psi i believe) that way you can tell if you need a booster pump! .... no TDS meter built in .... save yourself some headaches .... get a real unit and skip this one .... you really need to know when to replace filters and such in these units to keep them producing pure water ..... if you throw in the TDS meter and pressure gauge you are pretty much getting close to the cost of a good unit .... don't skimp on this get the best you can now .... I bought one.... hated it ... bought another .....don't follow in my foot steps !

sorry actually thought of all this while hanging in my reef room last night thinking about this post lol .....

I know I'm obsessed ! :D

Last edited:
well i would check with your local water treatment plant to see if the chloramine is even used in your area first ... but yeah good point ! some folks need that, others have wells ..... lol that all depends !