WHAT ARE T5's are they better than MH

fishheads

I HAVE HEARD ALOT ABOUT T5's....WHAT ARE THEY AND ARE THEY BETTER THAN MH...I THINK THERE VHO's CORRECT?? I HAVE SLOWLY BUILT MY REEF AND LIGHTING BY THE SKIN OF MY TEETH....EXPENSIVE PRODUCTS WERE A PROBLEM...SOME ONE FILL ME IN SO IM NOT LEFT OUT OF THE LOOP....HELL I MIGHT HAVE T5's FOR ALL I KNOW :tears:

PhilOlsen

Has been struck by the ban stick
Not better or worse, it just depends on what you plan to keep, how deep your tank is and of course budget. Lightining is one of the most debated topics around, I have PC, MH and LED lights on various tanks and each has its own purpose. What size is your tank and what do you plan to keep?

fishheads

THANK YOU, IT WAS VERY HELPFUL...I CURRENTLY HAVE 3 175w MH & 2 160watt actnic vho's over a 110 gal...i think im sufficient....maybe ill try t5's they are probably are cheaper...i want to keep everything...i want it all....i also have an HQI MH 250W & and another 175w MH...IF I WANT TO INSTALL....JUST DONT HAVE THE ROOM....I NEED TO RETHINK A CANOPY FOR HOUSING IT ALL

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
They're better in some ways but IMHO nothing beats the punch of MH's especially for deeper tanks. They do run much cooler and if using a good EBallast like the Icecap it'll overdrive them and they'll be more intense but you'll need a good # of bulbs to keep anything real light demanding like Tridacnas, hosting Anemones and Acro's.