Well, that took longer than I thought.

ReefLady

Staff member
Sorry for the downtime everyone! With the recent security issues I am really staying on top of the security patches.

I don't know WHY it took so long to upload the files...

glampka

A little inconvenience is much better that an infected computer! Thanks for staying on top of things.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks Travis.

I was wondering if "a few minutes" in Texas Time was different than a few minutes in NC time :LOL:

Sorry for the downtime everyone! With the recent security issues I am really staying on top of the security patches.

I don't know WHY it took so long to upload the files...

Do i get a sorry for the nasty virus i got infected with from this site?

ReefLady

Staff member
Yes. I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience that was caused to anyone. It seems that when we started trying to remove the malware once and for all, it somehow triggered a level of aggressiveness we hadn't seen before.

edit: I'm referring to last week, not today

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
... It seems that when we started trying to remove the malware once and for all, it somehow triggered a level of aggressiveness we hadn't seen before.

Unfortunately this is becoming more and more common. Mal-ware is becoming more and more "aware" with one file always "looking out for" another file and if file (b) goes missing it's Katy Bar the Door and all heck is gonna break out. Some of my most stressful nights lately have been cleaning machines that went HAYWIRE when I started cleaning rogue files. Doesn't give me a warm n fuzzy feeling in regards to electronic security.

Thank you Travis. :)

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
solomon146 said:
Do i get a sorry for the nasty virus i got infected with from this site?

Was your AntiVirus up to date? I have my security cranked way tight. Both on the computer, the router, and I also have hardware and software firewalls.

...."Fish" Happens!....