Well lets see if this works....

cstamper

So I decided to frag some Xenia and Colt coral. Here it is. Lets hope it works.
IMG00027-20110108-1553.jpg

IMG00031-20110108-1557.jpg

IMG00034-20110108-1637.jpg

DesertOrchid

I like your frag rack!!! Using that magnet allows you to adjust it anywhere in the tank! Wow! I think I'll be trying that out! Very inventive!! Xenia's look great too!!!

cstamper

Thanks..
I had an old Magnet Cleaner and I figured I'd super glue some crate to it. It has worked out really well so far.
The Xenia were growing on the glass and I was able razor blade them right off with no damage. With the help some glue, and nice frag plugs, They seem to be attaching well.
I'll post more pics after a few days for progress.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
That setup works well, friend of mine has the same and it has been holding up great for some time now.

cstamper

ohh yeah.. it's not "Colt" it's "Kenyan Tree"..

I've used a small small dab of SuperGlue to attach the Frags to the plugs. It seems as though one may not be working. Aside from rubber-banding them to the plug, are their any other suggestions anyone can advise me to beat the Xenia Slime? And get those guys to stay put?

Thanks-

GlassMunky

put them in a cup with some rubble on the bottom of the cup. the cup prevents them from getting blown around in the current. they should attach within a week or so

catran

*1^
Also, you can put "bridal veil" mesh or the kind of plastic mesh you get when you buy fruit or vegetables on the top of the container to keep it from blowing away. Secure it to the top of the plastic container with a rubber band.

DesertOrchid

Be wary of using vegetable/ fruit netting unless you wash it very very well ! Fruits and vegetables are sprayed with chemicals to prohibit fast ripening. That could be absorbed into the plastic and released into your tank = unknow toxin killing off your critters. Better to buy bridal veiling and rinse out the starch before using... at least that is natural and will not absorb into the plastic. Just my 2 cents worth......

*1^
Also, you can put "bridal veil" mesh or the kind of plastic mesh you get when you buy fruit or vegetables on the top of the container to keep it from blowing away. Secure it to the top of the plastic container with a rubber band.

catran

I only used it once...I washed it with soap, rinsed and soaked it overnight (it was from an onion bag). I haven't had a problem, but I agree now that you mention it- why take the chance? I saw a video where Eric Boreman suggested either or.

GlassMunky

When i "fragged" some of my mushrooms, i used this thing that i made to help them attach to the rocks. they were fully attached after about a week and a half.
DSC00774.jpg

DSC01091.jpg

Also, thanks for the idea on the rack, i had to steal it and make one myself. :)
DSC01292.jpg

DesertOrchid

That glass cap looks really cool and very effective! Better than gops of super glue and then the buggers just slide right on off to where ever they want to go anyways. *L* How's the xenia doing?

oneate7

That is a GREAT idea for mounting your frag rack. I have several old mag cleaners lying around... thanks for the idea!

cstamper

Thanks everyone, for your input.
The frag rack has paid off and I'm able to get some credit at my LFS for the frags that I've brought in.
The "mushroom cup" is great. I'm going to give it a shot next.

cstamper

Also the Xenia is fine. I've sold the first set of 5 plugs. The key for me was to razor blade them off my display tank glass. They took well! Thanks again-