Well I placed my order.

lcstorc

One Aqua C Remora skimmer for the 20g and 2 koralia 4s for the reef. I have found other uses for the maxijets so I figure it is a good deal all aroundl The koralias are on back order but it let me place the order together so I saved on shipping at least.

lcstorc

http://www.oceanreeflections.com/
Someone recommended them and their prices were just a bit less than everybody else. There is no real hurry on the pumps just the skimmer so I figured it made sense to just order. If they have good service I will try to get them to become a sponsor.

DrHank

So will the Koralia pumps. They push a lot of water right out of the box and can be modded to move even more.

BHinAK

whats this about koralia mods, i have 2 #4's
i went to oceanreflections site, is the Finnex setup a DAS tank configuration?

boozeman

those should be plenty for your size tank Lynn. You must be se excited with all these new toys comming :thumbup:

looking foward to seeing what all this does to improve your already awesome looking tank :lurk:

lcstorc

I am very excited about my new toys. Hopefully they will improve the flow and reduce the heat at the same time. Plus I really needed a skimmer for the 20g tank.
No burning I don't see any advantage to changing the current every few months. I do like to run them on a wavemaker to get intermittant flow but other than that once you get things running well I would leave them. I am trying to increase flow and reduce heat so that is why I am changing mine.

DrHank

If you're really interested the mods are a larger propeller. You can search and find it on Reef Central.

lcstorc

Thanks for the info. I'll try the non-modded ones first then if I need to I can always mod them.

lcstorc

Good to hear. I actually forgot but I have an oceanflow mod for one of the 1200 maxijets. May have to find some use for that in the upcoming changes.