Welcome Wooster HS

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
Updates!

Some of my students are starting to sign on. I hope to have all of them signed on in the next week or so.

I have also purchased a digital camara that will allow us to not only take pictures of the tank but it can be hooked up to a mircoscope to take pictures of any little critters that we find. :hallo:

My honors microbiology class will be working out ways to grow up the microorganisms in our tank and documenting them with pictures with the new digital camara. It is my hope this may be very interesting to our members to see a very important component in our tanks - bacteria which you never really see. We will also take a look at the skimmate sludge and I already have a request from one of our members on that one (Get ready Woody!).

My Biology students will be learning the ins and outs of a salt water tank and will research the various inverts and fish we can put in the tank. They are going to direct the stocking of the tank.

Cheers!
:)

Last edited:

Gina

RS STAFF
This all sounds very interesting!
I would even like to see skimmate under a microscope!

This is such a good thing your doing with your students!

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
More Updates!

All the credit to this post goes to our illustious Craig! :bigbounce

We bought Criag's 80 gallon tank and we had a fun time (Craig may think otherwise! rolleyes:) moving the tank over to my school yesterday.

We have given the tank a great jump start of livestock which includes: 10+ scarlet hermits (I will save some with butter for you Witty!), narssarius snails, Skunk Cleaner shrimp, orange ricordia, palyothoas, 2 pajama cardinals, 1 blue damsel, 1 blue-green chromis, 1 Yellow eye cole tang, and chaetomophora (Yours is in there too woody!).

I took out some of our live rock and replaced it with the rock we got from Craig. I will be posting pictures next week after the tank settles.

As far as the 80 gallon goes, I have it broken down for now. I plan to have students start that tank from scratch after they learn more about the 200 gallon!

Thanks again Craig! :hallo:

Cheers!
:columbo:

Last edited:

Gina

RS STAFF
I think the students will have a great time setting up their own tank!
Should give them a great sense of accomplishment once it's all done and doing great under your watchful eye!

Kudos to Craig!

Craig Manoukian

My pleasure Rodger. It was fun and heart wrenching tearing down my fabulous 3 year old 80 gallon. Rodger will attest to the absolutely awesome shape my DSB was in. No sink here! Full of bacteria, polycheates, and as Rodger said smelling just like the sand at the ocean. Proper sand stirring community - nassaurius, worms, conch, and scarlet hermits get the credit.

Will be working as the advisor on the restart of the tank from scratch. Can't wait to work with the students!

Rodger, you have the top tank glass and the large net to pick up!

Ciao!

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Rougiem said:

We lost the tang over the weekend and I believe the blue green chromis has suffered the same fate. You can see one of the pajama cardinals on the right side picture.

Sorry to hear that Rodger do you know what happened ? Are the parameters off ?

It was fun and heart wrenching tearing down my fabulous 3 year old 80 gallon

Are you getting a new tank Craig ???

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
Cheeks:

The parameters are fine....I really think it was stress related....

Craig still has a 20 gallon...sure he will pipe in and tell you about it.

Cheers!
:hallo:

Craig Manoukian

Robert,

There was a temp spike over the weekend that probably exacerbated the stress of moving. The tang and the chromis were the last fish caught and were floated to temp and released within 45 minutes. All other livestock, fish, soft corals and inverts are doing well.

My 20 gallon long is now the home of my mated clowns, along with some Ricordia and Red Frilly Mushrooms as well as Palythoa Button Polyps. Everything is doing very well!

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
Open House Last Night!

Well I took the parents back to look at the tank and received many positive comments.

One of Kmoney's parents wants to give us a 90 gallon tank. Maybe I am going to have to start a marine biology class! :bigbounce

Cheers!
:bigbounce