HELP! Weird uninvited creature!

Pessy

Hi guys,

Beginner alert

This "worm" keeps peeking in and out of the live rocks and I have no idea what this is. Can anyone please help me identify it?! Picture attached.

In the meantime, my Fish have ich and I already lost one. Additionally, my clownfish isn't eating anymore. Is it possible he's blind and doesn't see the food anymore? He also looks like he's peeling. I've tried so many different methods except for the quarantine. I don't have a second tank to set up. Is the "worm" possibly contributing to the disease?

Please help

Attachments

• 20171124_100717.jpg
    20171124_100717.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 26

Pessy

Hey you all,

I forgot to describe the worm and I don't know if the picture is that clear. It has a white-ish/blue-ish body and it opens and closes a head that looks like a flower.

Uncle99

I am concerned with your Ick problem. Ick is a parasite which works on a cycle multiplying and attaching to your fish. If left untreated, it can and will kill each and every fish. Your clown is not eating because he has the Ick parasite in his mouth and gills, stopping eating and making it very hard to breath. Ick only affects fish, not inverts, not corals, just fish. You must stop the cycle and there are plenty of articles in this site which you can review.
Do not underestimate Ick, it usually result from 1 fish getting stressed.
From a high level, if you have no inverts, corals or live rock, you can treat with cupramine which is a copper treatment but follow the directions very carefully, an overdose of copper is deadly. If you have any of these, the fish must be taken out of the tank to treat. Once the fish are out of the tank, in 6-8 weeks your tank is clean of Ick. Your fish need to be clean. For the same period to be sure. Hypo-Salinity also works quite well and is easier on the fish. The point is if your fish has Ick you must take action. Read the sticky notes about Ick and then decide what works for you. Good luck...

Uncle99

I assume in your Ick diagnosis that you have seen what looks like sugar spread on at least one fish.

I’m far from an expert as I also ask lots of questions on these forums and get sone very good responses and help ( as above you’ve received from uncle99)

Looking at the photo it may be some kind of feather worm or even a young cucumber - I’m just having a guess, as I have a young yellow cucumber that looks very much like your photo (apart from being more yellow haha).

I’m sure the ladies and gents on here will give you a more precise identification.