Weird Hitchiker

cuffem

Ok bare with me while I try to describe this thing. It moves like a jellyfish but has no tentacles. It expands its head and looks like a flower then it closes up as its way of propulsion. I have a few pics of it but not that good due to it moving so much and its size. Approx. 1/4" wide.
DSCF0708.jpg

DSCF0701.jpg

This thing was amazing to watch.

Cougra

If it came in on newly introduced live rock it could be a lot of things. It could very well be a type of jellyfish or it could be a larval stage of a few different types of inverts. Unfortunately without a very clear picture of it we may never be able to ID it. Even with a clear picture of it, it's possible that it still wont be ID'ed because of how little is known about a lot of the juvenile forms of different inverts/corals etc.

One thing I think I can point out on the first picture are those little white/grey seastars on the rock are refered to as Asterina sp. (In case you were uncertain about those.) They stay fairly small and reproduce mostly by fission so they can quickly overcome a tank. They aren't harmful but some people don't like how fast they multiply.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

cuffem

From the pictures it resembles the Scyphozoan Jellyfish. Thnks for all the info guys. The Asterina starfish were in my main tank and i threw them down in my fuge.

Blackness

a good way to keep the star population down is getting harliquin shrimp they eat them. plus the beautiful