Wayne's RSM130

Wayne23uk

Finally decided to do a tank thread, I bough this tank from a friend at work after his wife told him it was never clean enough as he always had brown hair algea (he never did any water test) anyway i got a bargin £300 with rock and fish cleared the algea in a week with some rowa phos and it was looking great.

attachment.php

Which was then all runined by a mantis shrimp killing most of my fish, once i had got it out of the tank i decided to go for a bubble tip anemone.

attachment.php

The mrs loved this my nitrates went high from lack of water changes and killed the anemone which caused all sorts of problems and I also ended up with alot of green algea, after getting advise from the internet and lfs i bought a tunze 9002 skimmer and a in-tank media rack for more space for media to help get my nitrates down and get rid of the algea. I also put in a tunze 6025 nano power head for more flow. This has cleaned the tank up very nicely now and it looking great but been having a few problems with phosphates after trying red seas nopox which was great for my nitrates but my phosphate just kept going up, I have now installed a TMC V2 bio fluidiser for my phosphates media and have got my levels to 0ppm

attachment.php
attachment.php

Thanks for reading any comments or recommendation will be taken on board as i am still learning alot.

ReefApprentice

Wonderful leopard wrasse!!! Looks like a great start!!! I alos wouldn't advise a anemone go in a tank unless its 6 months or older but a year+ is great.

Wayne23uk

That was from November since then I've added some LPS corals and a few different fish unfortunately my fireball angel decided he was hungry so he came out after it had killed my elegance coral my current stock is a cabbage leather, 2 toadstools, colt, zoas, a green torch, Duncan, acan, sun coral, blasto and a hammer. Just recently got another anemone about 2 to 3 mouths ago which is a condy nem. In January I changed my live rock for aquaroche ceramic rock for better flow

Wayne23uk

And a few pics of my newer corals still have problems with my sun coral feeding but its getting better will add a full tank shot later

e2adujym.jpg

y6e4y5y5.jpg

asu7e4y5.jpg

u5ygamuj.jpg

And my sun coral last weekend

u6e4usu7.jpg

My current fish are a common clownfish, royal gramma, orange spotted shrimp goby and a diamond sand sifting goby.

I also have a couple of nassarius, cerith and turbo snails with about 20 hermits, 2 cleaner shrimps, a peppermint shrimp and a brittle starfish.

I have also add another pump a tunze 6015 but looking to replace both the 6025 and the 6015 for with a tunze 6055 on a controller or the new wp25 when it arrives will see what try are like 1st as I suspect it will be cheaper.

Thanks for reading and comments or ideas are very great full and I will try keep this upto date

Wayne23uk

Thanks just started to target feed then once a week apart from that I've been using Red Sea reef energy A&B and phytoplankton bit last night I did add 200ml of live zooplankton as well

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
You're off to a good start. Plenty of helpful folks on here so feel free to ask questions along the way!