water level question

RDrink25

I have a 130d that has been going for a while now. I have taking the cup out and I have a tunze skimmer. Recently water will sputter with both jets on. If I only run one jet the water level will stay above the line in the window on the side. I was thinking about getting a MP10, will this solve my problem? With the MP10 do you stil run the 2 jets?

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi RDrink25, this sounds like a flow restriction, if you do use fine filter material this could also be an issue, some time back Red Sea USA ran a limited time free upgrade on Max flow pumps replacing the two for an updated Sicce pump, can I suggest you contact Red Sea USA directly regarding this use the following link and the USA drop down. http://www.redseafish.com/contact-us/

RDrink25

RedSea's Customer service is one of the best!!! Called and they are shipping me the upgrade you cant ask for better CS!!!

Hutchy007

I have exactly the same problem... drives me nuts.
I have tons of baby Harliquin Serpant Starfish, that keep on getting trapped in the fine filter, which i keep on putting back into the tank. Im loathed to get rid of the fine filter as its seemed to keep my tank fairly well balanced, and seems to be a playground for my baby starfish... i also dont like change :D
But im afraid its gonna have to go as i cant see any other reason for the drastic fluctuations, unless anyone else can?
Im also pretty sure that Red Sea were only doing the pump exchanges for the USA and not UK, so im kind of stuck with having to take out the fine filter i think?