Want to add another fish

newsalt

I have a 15g high FOWLR tank. It's got 20lbs of LR, 20lbs of aragonite sand, some snails, blue leg hermits and 2 ocellaric clowns. The clowns seem to be doing great. They have been in the tank for close to three weeks. Water quality is Ammonia: 0, Nitrite: 0, Nitrate: 20-30, pH: 8. I've been wanting to and another fish. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Scooterman

Whatever you add it should be very small, like a Wrasse, gobies etc of that nature. Also the clowns may be territorial in such a small space so you may have a hard time finding something that will make it. JMO!

mwrager

Originally posted by Scooterman
Whatever you add it should be very small, like a Wrasse, gobies etc of that nature. Also the clowns may be territorial in such a small space so you may have a hard time finding something that will make it. JMO!

Yes something that is small and that will stay small.

BoomerD

Strawberry basslet won't let the clowns push it around too much either. They are tough & somewhat territorial in their own right. Stay small, and add a lnice splash of color.

Tarasco

Maybe a Fridmani's pseudochromis, six line wrasse, neon goby, clown goby. I've also seen royal grammas and spotted hawkfish in tanks this big, but I'm not so sure this is a good idea.

addict

A purple firefish will probably do well in that tank also. I have one (though it's in a 55g) and it's a docile, beautiful fish. They usually grow to be about 2.5-3" long. My ocellaris clowns don't view it as a threat either, and leave it alone.
All the fish suggested thus far would be great additions... though you may want to do a small water change to bring the nitrates down a hair... or you'll be battling algae before too long.
HTH.

Brucey

Make sure it is small and watch that Nitrate .... it really shouldn't be that high and in such a small system it is easy to change a large % of water and keep on top of it .... remember the more fish you get, the higher that nitrate will rise
Brucey

johnlewis

Royal Grama is about the same thing as a Strawberry baslet as far as requirements and temperament. It would be a good addition, there are a few other baslets as well. Gobies or Jaw fish have good personalities and are interesting just make sure you have a cover.