Wanna see a BIG tank

Brucey

Hi guys, i was at my monthly reef meeting last night and was told to look up this thread on the UK site ultimatereef. It's a good site really but very very busy. Anyway, this guy has to have the biggest system I have EVER seen. main tank is 17ft x 5ft x 3.5 ft main tank, a 5ft calurpa tank, a 7ft sump, a 6ft FRAG tank . . . . the list goes on. Anyway, if you don't want to trawl through all the pages, the tank gets delivered on page 9. But wait, what's he doing now, he's put a sunken gallion in on page 32 . . . . ummm. Oh well, each to their own.

Anyway, thought you'd all like a look
Brucey

http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=31613

Gina

RS STAFF
Thanks for the link Brucey!
That is just amazing!
I couldn't even imagine what the electric bill would be for all that. Too much for me!

When I came to the page that showed the ship in the tank, Mark kinda made a face but, I have to admit.....I really liked the look. As big is that set up is, I thought it looked pretty cool!!!

I'll have to go back and read the post when I have more time.

LuckyInk

Reef Painter
I dunno. I think the boat works for that tank. I agree with one of the member when he/she said it would look really neat encrusted with coral.

KimPossible

Holy Smokes! That was amazing.
I'm glad it started out the thread with shoring the 2nd floor pics.
He's pumping some serious juice, the powers strips he's showing got must mave 30 outlets! Impressive!
Thanks for posting the link!

Witfull

i too lost it with the boat. i wouldnt do it in my tank,,,and ill leave it at that. otherwise, he is my kinda crazy~~~

Icebox

wow, that is amazing.

I can only imagine the years of planning. It is just an amazing setup.

Thanks for the link

corvettephreek

that is one serious tank(s) setup. so i am guessing on how much the bill is a month.... 500? 900? thousand.... BTW love this one:

Attachments

• catfreeze.jpg
    catfreeze.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 119

proud2bcanadian

I actually like the ship in there.
It's unique, and yeah - it will look amazing covered in corals!

Thanks a lot for the link Brucey! It may have taken me a REALLY long time to look through all of the pages, but it was well worth every second of it!

They only thing that confused me at the beginning was when Alan was always saying 'm8'. I was looking around for a user named 'm8', but couldn't find any. But then it finally hit me! It's short for mate! LOL

Cheers,

tmc

that is totally insane. i could post on this thread for days, crain to lift tank, new room, standing in your tank!!!! this guy is nuts. i like it :thumbup:
tmc

forestal

woowweee...gonna show my wife and see what she thinks, maybe she will let me turn the basement into a reef if i install a sand beah :)

Brucey

proud2bcanadian said:
They only thing that confused me at the beginning was when Alan was always saying 'm8'. I was looking around for a user named 'm8', but couldn't find any. But then it finally hit me! It's short for mate! LOL

Cheers,

LOL. Proud2Bcanadian. Yeah, common phrase over here, LOLOLOL. We all agree over here. The guy must be nuts and must have the MOST understanding wife in the world. The tank cuts his house in two, not to mention, like most said, the electric bill and what the condensation is going to do to his living room.

Brucey

TDEVIL

wow, Brucey thanks for the link

i am not a fan of ships and stuff in tanks, but with a tank that is that large and a ship that size covered in zoa's and a few twigs here and there, i can see that

Jay

corvettephreek

i like the ship, personally. i noticed there was a sunlight over one of the tanks. which tank was that?do you guys think natural sunlight added to normal MH's and/or PC's would suffice? thanks for sharing the link, brucey. its making gears turn over here. :D

Reef Geek

Reefus Geekus
I am going to echo what alot of the m8s on that site were saying, that guy must be crazy!!! Even the Angel tank is more than I would want. But to each their own and i wish the guy the best of luck keeping that monster going.

Will, I saw a tank in Phoenix (or near there) that was lit by Solatubes. You have a solar collector on the roof, and a reflective tube running down to the tank. Really brilliant and alot of free light with minimal heat.

sandman3467

I would kill for a tank like that...minus the ship though......But that means I gotta sell my RV and buy a house,NOT!!!!I like going from place to place and seeing the country.

Hey Reef Geek........my parents live in Widefield......God how I don't miss Ft.Carson...lol