Vortech MP20 90 Gal Tank

FallChinook

Are you guys sure that all it takes to upgrade the MP20 to the MP40 is a controller? EcoTech's website says a controller and a new power supply. Are they One in the same?

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
Are you guys sure that all it takes to upgrade the MP20 to the MP40 is a controller? EcoTech's website says a controller and a new power supply. Are they One in the same?

The wet and dry side are the same with the MP20 and MP40. Only the controller is different

Zed

The mp-20 and the 40 are the same as he said. Wet and dry side. The controller is changed to a wireless one and the power supply is upgraded to push more to the pump. With more power comes more flow, and some new software settings with the controller to match. Its a great up grade if you want more power, but even better with 2 or more. The sync anti sync mode is great with the 2 pulse modes. And it pairs well with the other preset modes either way its a hell of a pump. I got 2 mp-40w on a 30 gal cube and its great on long pulse with a low power setting and a mid range pulse. It makes the water churn one direction for a total of 10 secs or so. Then it shuts the other pump down to a low power setting and churns the other direction. Like a reef, wave coming in and wave going out. Every thing seems to love it. And yes, 2 of the 40's is way over kill. But, Its the only way to have to synced pumps. Untill they make a 10 or 20 wirless im sticking with this set up.

Basile

Anybody got issues; regarding the constant debacle of their pump, one of mine is constantly stoped and unhooked itself from the magnet. the other one is perfect. I'm thinking faulty computer here.cnfzd:

Reef Ghost

Anybody got issues; regarding the constant debacle of their pump, one of mine is constantly stoped and unhooked itself from the magnet. the other one is perfect. I'm thinking faulty computer here.cnfzd:

Stupid question, but did you open it up and set it for the glass thickness? Mine has been operating flawlessly since I started this thread. Or ... maybe something inside the tank moves the powerhead? I have a very large turbo snail the size of a baseball now that can move just about anything. Had to move him into the fuge.

Make sure your 100% on your end then call Eco Tech.