VHOs in a Juwel

mps9506

You would need to change the ballast, probably need to changes the bulb sockets as well.
I'm not sure which common brands you have available for VHO ballasts, but I would reccomend Icecap VHO ballast, and the proper 3 peice VHO waterproof encaps.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
You will need to change out everything to upgrade to VHO's... the connections, tubes and ballasts. I doubt the new stuff will work in your current hood.... If you are a good DIY'er, you could build your own canopy and buy the VHO stuff as a retro kit and install it yourself! That aquarium has unusual demimensions so I don't know if you could buy a plug and play light fixture to replace your current one....

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Also, the VHO bulbs will run hotter than your NO bulbs so make sure you have fans in the hood and keep a watch on your water temp too!

biju708

Thanks guys, then my best option would be to remove the canopy and put metal halide lamps on top of it. I think it's more viable this way right ?

mps9506

IMO, the best option is to purchase a hanging MH setup for that type of tank.
Something like a geismann or aquamedic unit that you can hang from the ceiling or mount on the aquarium.