very small critter ID por favor

mtsully71

I was gone for a week, wife found this critter in the tank about 15 min before lights out. This is the best pic she could get. She described 2 animals about a 1 cm in size, free swimming and clear. My first thought is some sort of juvy pod. No biggie for ID, but interesting none the less. Left upper corner of photo, said the animal swam with its flippers/appendages.

IMG_0182.JPG

Sully

Oxylebius

Haha, well that is not much to go on. Is the critter that you are pointing out outlined in red in the pic below?

If so, the two tentacles would suggest either an amphipod or copepod (or even an isopod). The body shapes leans towards a amphipod. BUT -- this is only a guess. That pic and the description you gave makes it hard for any sort of ID. If you have fish breading in the tank, fish fry can be clear (and those tentacles may be due to the poor image and non-existent).

Untitled.jpg

mtsully71

Graci Sue, ya that's the image you have outlined. Your pretty good with crayons. Guessing is good! I ask you about fish stuff, you can ask me about Grizzly Bears :D At least I got the pod part right. Not really looking for a positive id, just a stab in the dark. I think your assessment is spot on and appreciate you looking. Through my own previous browsing, I found these photos and leaned toward a more juvenile copepod.

Thanks Sue!

mainpodpicture_zps8aaa69bb-300x300.jpg

kingfish_juvenile.png