Very important info!!

Craig Manoukian

OK,

Here's some realities. Carbohydrates accompanied by fat are the worst combination and are the source of most obesity. The excess calories over and above your Basil Metabolic Rate, the minimum calories to keep you alive, that are not burned through exercise are stored as fat, aka "Beer Belly", for us guys and big hips/thighs for the ladies.

That is why beer (carbohydrates) and pizza (carbohydrates and fat) are such a fattening combination. Other killer foods that are chock full of carbs and fat are icecream, macaroni and cheese, hamburgers with big buns (no pun intended), and mayonnaise, etc.

I won't get into the science of insulin and glucogon, but will tell you that proteins and fat won't create the same wieghty issues!:D

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

DICK

Atkins anyone?
Craig, I've been on the Atkins diet religiously three times and have lost a total of zero puonds. The only way I can control my weight is throug watching the AMOUNT that I eat, not necessarily what.

wooddood

the wood dude
thank you dick you nailed that one on the head,but you do have to watch the calories in what you eat.i my self just have to watch how much beer i drink.lol. dave.

Craig Manoukian

What your total calorie needs are is the ticket to start. If you want to loose weight you need to burn more calories than what you consume.

If you consume less calories than what you are intaking your body will burn fat reserves, glucagon is the required hormone for fat burn. Glucogon is stimulated by protein consumption.

It's not any diet, it's science.:D

:) :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

mick77

Did you guys know that Celery is the only food product that takes more calories to consume than the amount of calories in the actual food? I thought this was horse crap, because my brother was talking about negative calories (he's on a diet for college football), and I told him there's no such thing as a negative calorie, but he informed me that his nutrition consultant told him the above fact about celery. Anybody heard of this before, because I still have a hard time believing him?

DICK

I hope beef and pork do too, 'cause I eat lots of it. The brews are just to wash'em down.
P.S. and mashed potatoes, rice, mac and cheese.........

Craig Manoukian

Originally posted by mick77
Did you guys know that Celery is the only food product that takes more calories to consume than the amount of calories in the actual food? ... Anybody heard of this before, because I still have a hard time believing him?

Celery is water and cellulose. Cellulose, which is very hard to digest, takes more calories for your body to process than the very minimal calories provided. It contains very little Total Digestive Nutrients, or TDN. You brother is right!:D Hate it when that happens, eh?

:) :cool: :p :smirk:

Scooterman

Originally posted by DICK
Atkins anyone?
Craig, I've been on the Atkins diet religiously three times and have lost a total of zero puonds. The only way I can control my weight is throug watching the AMOUNT that I eat, not necessarily what.

This is true, I've lost 11 pounds this way, in the past 4 weeks, workes better than any diet I've ever tried, and I still eat anything, just LESS!

Craig Manoukian

Originally posted by Scooterman
This is true, I've lost 11 pounds this way, in the past 4 weeks, workes better than any diet I've ever tried, and I still eat anything, just LESS!

Congrats Scott, that's awesome! Keep up the good work!

Remember diet means regimen and is suggestive of something that is your routine and you stick to, not some radical change you make for six weeks before going back to old and potentially poor eating habits.

Albert Einstein said that insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over, but expecting a different result.

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

Scooterman

Albert Einstein said that insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over, but expecting a different result
Humm, so that's it!

It has to become part of your life at my age, I'm 5'10" @ 178lbs. I will try to live like there is no diet, It is just how much I eat and no more, maintaining control. I just know now, after such a hard time at first, the results make me remember how I felt and how I feel now, so I can't stop, unless I get too old and forget in the first place. I figure by then, I'll start eating,drinking & smoking like no tomorrow! :)

Last edited:

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I agree with Scott the key is reducing the amount of food you eat and being physically active. Since my daughter was born I have been less active and eat the same amount of food. The result is I've gained 10lbs and am heavier than I've ever been 5'10" 185:eek:

DICK

5' 8", 200lbs. Was 207 approx a week ago.
Just watching my intake.
Just remember that BEER IS NOT EVIL, PEOPLE ARE EVIL.

Last edited: