UV Reccomendations?

Jorgens

Wondering what ya'll reccommend for a 180g with a 55g sump. Got a battle with ich going on and im calling in reinforcments!!!

Thanks in advance!

Jorgens

right...but at 1 stage of their life when the float in the water column, a UV will help keep numbers down. Lowering the chance for infestation alltogether. It's most likley never eliminated, but a healthy tank can fight it off.

PhilOlsen

Has been struck by the ban stick

agreed, I run these on all my tanks. I have had less expensive models and have had issues that varied to short bulb life, not enough contact time, leaks. Aqua make a good product and has a great bulb life. The thing to remember is all the UV mfg's rate them for fresh with a very high number, but dont be fooled you need to find the satwater rating, the aqua does give you salt ratings but only secondary. The 25 watt is rated for something like 500-1200 gallons fresh but only 150 for salt. I would also recommend not leaving it on all the time so you dont kill the organisms that only come out at night, I only run mine with the actinics.

Jorgens

Ya i saw that in another post phil. smart move. I'd mos likley nly use it once and awhile as, IMO, the free floaties are mostly good for corals and filter feeding fellas. It is why I have avoided one to date but this is a motivator to get one.

All the input appreciated guys. Good Luck