Ut Oh I have a Simple Salt ?

Craig Manoukian

Marine Environment is the best salt I've ever used in terms of mixing into solution rapidly, no clouding, and nothing but a clean fresh smell. HTH

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

Alf

Originally posted by cheeks69
Has anybody had problems with cloudy water when using salt from the bottom of their bucket ? I just used up the remaining salt from my Reef Crystals bucket and my water became really cloudy for some unknown reason.:mad:

How long did you let this mix for before use?? Suggested premixing is 24 hours to 7 days before use. I usually let mine mix 3 to 4 days. Never a cloudy tank. Not to mention it needs to dissolve!! HTH

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I let it mix for about 8 hours. I have let it mix for 8 hours or less before and never had a problem:confused:

Witfull

mine will be fully dissolved in less than a hour (more like 10-15 min)..i usually let it mix for a few hours or so.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
I'm thinking the problem was the salt at the bottom of the bucket. The mixing time has never been a problem before :rolleyes:

Alf

Originally posted by Witfull
mine will be fully dissolved in less than a hour (more like 10-15 min)..i usually let it mix for a few hours or so.

Cool!!

What type of salt do you use? And what are the water parameters after 15 min? such as
Alk, Ca, Ph, Etc.. Just curiuos?

I tend to error on the side of caustion in this area. Maybe that's why my unchanged water change scheduled, when changing salt's are the reason's i see no ill effect. Buy the time mine gets to the tank it matches the tank, so it doesn't know it's diffrent salt!! :D