Using well water?

carlagracie

I have another question. I went and bought a FW test kit today so I could test my well water. My pH is 8.2 and my Phosphate is 0.1 from the tap. Would there be any harm in using my tap water in my tank? I have 5 gallons of my LFS RO/DI water left and I tested it and the pH is 7.9 and Phosphate is 0. Just wondering since there isnt much difference between the two.

steved13

PREMIUM
.1 phosphate is pretty high phosphate should be targetted at <.03

The other problem is what else might be in the well water, that you didn't test for. You could get a TDS meter which would give you more info.

RODI would be best

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
I have another question. I went and bought a FW test kit today so I could test my well water. My pH is 8.2 and my Phosphate is 0.1 from the tap. Would there be any harm in using my tap water in my tank? I have 5 gallons of my LFS RO/DI water left and I tested it and the pH is 7.9 and Phosphate is 0. Just wondering since there isnt much difference between the two.

these two test's mean just about nothing to your tank, its all the other crap you can't test for that will cause the trouble, mainly iron/minerals and whatever happens to flow through your water table at any unknown moment both natural and man made. RO/DI... just google what an ro/di unit removes from water (you'll switch to whiskey real quick lol)

yankieman

I have well water and its the best tasting and clearest water you will find but once you put a tds meter on it it runs around 430 TDS , I defiantly use a RO/DI unit but only for reef tank

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
I have well water and its the best tasting and clearest water you will find but once you put a tds meter on it it runs around 430 TDS , I defiantly use a RO/DI unit but only for reef tank
the tds are like trans fats lol, pork with no fat ain't worth eating

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
sasquatch said:
the tds are like trans fats lol, pork with no fat ain't worth eating

Hmmm.... Bacon....

....Broadcast in High Fidelity Stereo Sound where available....