Using a Gyre in a RSM

Alright, so Im wondering how many of you have a gyre style wave maker in your tanks?? On top of that, how many of you use it on the pulse setting? Are the tanks built to hold up to the pulse setting?? Thanks

DaveK

I don't think you have much to worry about with the tank, but the Gyre, at least the early ones, did have a lot of reliability issues. Check it out carefully before you buy.

Where you do need to worry about a tank is where your using something like a dump bucket to create a lot of force and surge all at once. You don't really have this problem with a circulation pump.

I picked up the new IceCap 3k, and one of the first things in the manual was to check with the tank manufacture to make sure that it can hold up to the pulsing action of the pump. I have the original RSM 250. Old tank yes, but I just wanted to check and see if anyone else was running one.

oakleyx

I have one. I switched back to the mp40s qd. I find the mp40s are more customizable and the fish seem more happier.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Trio91

I have one, an older 130. I've had my ups n downs with it but I've seen it most effective on alternating gyre mode

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ookamii

i put mine vertically in the back right corner of my rsm250 and it helps keep everything moving, i have found everything pulses on its own with the 130 running on constant mode about half speed