Urchins

chromefaery

I have a mantis shrimp only tank with just live rock. Anything I put in it will be possible targets of my peacock mantis as it already makes a daily target of my magnet glass cleaner.:bouncer: I do have a constant algae problem on the rocks so I figured an urchin would be okay to put in the tank.

hma

I have a mantis shrimp only tank with just live rock. Anything I put in it will be possible targets of my peacock mantis as it already makes a daily target of my magnet glass cleaner.:bouncer: I do have a constant algae problem on the rocks so I figured an urchin would be okay to put in the tank.

Try it with Tripneustes gratilla, one of the best algae eater I ever had .

w00t

No experience on mantis, but my tuxedo urchin does eat algae. Although my snails do a better job, the urchin does mow through it pretty good.

lcstorc

Mine certainly eats the nuisance algae but he is a bit slow at it. Cool critter to watch regardless.

l3fty999

You have a constant algae problem? I would recommend looking into a little nutrient control.

Take care
Aaron