Upgrading!!!

Right now my filtration is a filstar XP3 canister filter, Live rock, and a seaclone 55 skimmer for my 55gal. I decided to go BIG TIME upgrade for my tank. What Im gonna do, is get a CPR CS102 Overflowbox (1200gph) for intake on my 10 or 20 (whatever fits best) add one of those aqualifter air powerhead thingys for the overflow, add baffles, and some filter media, for out take im gonna have a mag 12 pump pump out 1200 gallons back into the tank. The skimmer is gonna be either a Euro Reef ES 5-2 or a Euro Reef ES 5-3. This is a DIY tank, so im really excited. If anyone has any of the equipment I need for my sump, please pm me the asking price, because im trying to save as much money as possible.

Thanks,
JJ

ScottT1980

Congrats!

RO/DI? Did you ever purchase one? I think you would see a big difference if you went with that instead of tap...

Take er aesy
Scott T.

I atually got a list of all my material, tell me if this should do:

1 10 or 20 gal (whatever fits best)
1 mag 12 pump
1 CPR CS150 Overflow box
1 Euro Reef ES 5-3
Intake: 1" PVC With glue and the primer (I heard that you cant use the flex piping,is that true? if not then I will switch intake to flex piping too)
Outtake:3/4" Flex tubing, and use 3/4" clamps
Baffles
Egg Crate so live rock wont crack bottom

Is this all I need? Or is there more?

DaveK

I think the filtration upgrades you plan are excellent choices.

One other item to think about would be to consider a larger tank. I know on the face of it that this sounds kind of expensive, but I think if you add up what you are spending on filtration, you are going to find that it's as much as a larger tank.

I think you'll find the filtration upgrade you plan will easily run a 70 or 90 gal or even larger tank. Also, the 70 or 90 gal tank is still only 4 feet long, but wider and higher. This will allow you to do much better aquascapeing.

Just a thought.

DaveK

I don't blame you for not ungradeing the tank. I didn't either when I upgraded my filtration system about a year ago, even though it could run a tank at least twice the size.

But, it's important to not overlook things when you do a major upgrade.

Good luck with the project,

Dave