Updated pics of new setup 11-25-08

Here's quite a few new pics pf the little 29g setup. I had to redo my rock work this past weekend because I can't leave well enough alone. Oh well, I like it better this time anyways. Well, hope you guys enjoy what little bit there is in there to look at.

11-25-2008Tankshots004.jpg

11-25-2008Tankshots005.jpg

11-25-2008Tankshots006.jpg

11-25-2008Tankshots007.jpg

11-25-2008Tankshots009.jpg

11-25-2008Tankshots011.jpg

11-25-2008Tankshots013.jpg

11-25-2008Tankshots014.jpg

11-25-2008Tankshots015.jpg

And here's a few of my sump, filtration, light, and a shot of the flow from the top of my tank.

11-25-2008Tankshots016.jpg

11-25-2008Tankshots017.jpg

11-25-2008Tankshots018.jpg

It's an Icecap 250w 20k. That's the thing though. The clam looked great until that blenny started staying in that hole to the right of the clam. Now that that fish is in and out of that hole alot, the clam has been keeping its right side closed. I actually have another thread going about the clam if you would like to give me some advice on the matter I sure would appreciate it.

I know the tang will outgrow it soon. I'm working on getting another BIG tank asap. I will then transfer him over to it. So, aside from my clam (which I have now moved and is doing much better), do you guys think the little tank is coming along? The fish seem to really enjoy swimming throught the rock work.

I am a wholeseller and my friend's parents own Royal Pet. So, my wholesale price on an Allglass 220g reef ready tank is $700 and something. But. she gets 30-40% off of that price. I met with her dad when he was in town three weeks ago and he said I could end up getting it between $400-$500. I was like oh yeah! Then again, I'm still undecided on whether I want a 220 or a 180. Either way, they'll both still end up costing an arm and leg to get going the way I want it too. Heck, this little 29 I've been working on has got quite a bit of money tied up in it!

AndtheBonus

Ya tell me about it lol. I have a 24g and lovveeee spending money on it lol! Tank looks like it is coming along very nicely!

ReefGuy69

did you epoxy your rocks like that? Im curois how you got them to stand up so perfect and yet worry at the same time about them coming tumbling down and cracking your tank

No epoxy. Just a couple of hours of positioning and repositioning. I have always ''tested'' the rock work I do by applying pressure to each rock. I will then do the old wave your hand motion to each rock, from each angle, so hard that it stirs sand everywhere. Last but not least, I jump up and down real hard next to my tank. If it passes all these little, goofy tests I do, I then give it my certificate of approval. But to answer your question, I've been stacking rock like this for years in freshwater and salt. I've done it in my tanks, family's tanks, friends tanks, and customer's tanks. I have yet, to this day, had a collapse. However, I still worry from time to time that it may happen. This is why I push really hard on each rock before I am satisfied that it's secure.