Update

Freddie

Dear Santa... I'd Like a 185 gallon..oh...wrong website... :)

Hey RS!!!!!!

It's been a while since I've posted. All is well with my system and I have a few new fishies...I'll get the cam out later and post a few pics for the RS family to see how it looks at Four Months. I've actually been helping my buddy and his wife with thier new tank...(thanks to ALL the incredible help you guys gave me)..to them I'm a genius.(hehehe) , It's soooo much fun watching someone else get the Marine fish bug.
Gotta jet...I have a seal in my dining room window to deal with It's going to be below zero tonight...gotta protect the fishies.

Good Night:hallo:

Freddie

Question

Hey RS,:hallo:
I noticed on another thread a couple of you were talking about soaking brine shrimp in garlic to help with ich....I have a hippo that had ich and the guy at my LFS told me to simply do a fresh water dip and it actually worked but I'm keeping him in the QT for the time being.
I'd like to know the deal with the garlic though...is it clove garlic?
Natures own cures seem to work best.
what's the procedure?
Thanks a bunch

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
There are products like "garlic extreme" that is a concentrated liquid garlic, or you can squeeze your own (like I do) using a garlic press and fresh garlic cloves. Whichever you use, just soak the food in it and then feed :)

Also, I usually blend in fresh garlic to my homemade mush recipe when making it.

scuba22

ummm did you say A SEAL!!!??
oh wait...the seal on the WINDOW!!

yep, I'm in Boston -they say a foot tonight.
yeck!

scuba22

BTW I had GREAT results with NO-ICH
http://www.ereeftank.com/cart/catalog/NoIch_Marine_p_1191.html
I used garlic also, but treating the tank w/ an anti-flagyllate..adding a sterilizer (UV)-
and water changes saved my Regal from HUNDREDS of dots and brought back my healthy Regal food-hog!
(she even had a popeye from that damn bug)
I reccommend the no-ich and plan on ordering more for any maintenance I need...

Ich is a protozoa ( a bug ) that is treated in humans with similar medications like flagyl..