Update

Jerome

It’s been a long time since I have posted graduate school, work, and fish tank taking up all my time, but things are slowing down a tiny bit.

For those of you who have forgotten I have a 50 gallon reef tank including 15 gallon refugia and 20 gallon sump. 2 - 10k MHs and 2 – 65watt actinic bulbs – chiller etc…

It started out as an LPS tank for few years then I changed it to a bare bottom SPS tank removed most of the softies about 2 year ago or so…

Was running it with a Euroreef Protein Skimmer and a Deltec 509 calcium reactor And a Deltec Kalkwasser stirrer. This gave me good results, but I got really frustrated with the Deltec 509 calcium reactor it had constant technically problems and the impellor broke several times. Changing the Kalkwasser weekly didn’t help much either.

Where am today is that I switched to a Litermeter driven system and added a ro/di unit and took over my wife kitchen sink. I use B-Ionic 2 part system I have 2 Litermeter running 3 pumps one of which is several years old there very reliable. And I have a Deltec Protein Skimmer instead of Euroreef.

The new system is very low maintenance and low on time threshold which is what I need its running at 450 cal and 14 dkh and I can dial it in with a press of button more or less but have settled with these numbers.

It settle into a mixed reef with SPS and some softies out of the fact that I have given up fighting off the star polyps who I could never get completely out of the tank when I changed it to SPS from Softies and LPS so I have learned to live with it…

Ill try to post some more and post some more recent pictures when I get some more time..