Unknown items help

razorvines

I went and broke down a 75 gallon aquarium with 20 gal sump this weekend. When I was cleaning out the sump, I found what I think is maybe bristle worms. Do I need to get rid of these, or are they okay in the sump? Also I noticed something strange that was on the rock in the DT. I don't want to put it back together until I figure out if I need to get rid of these two items. The rock is absolutely incredible and I hate to have to cure it, but if this pink sponge looking stuff is bad I will.

Thanks
Jason
100_1596_rs.jpg

100_1595_rs.jpg

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
The bristle worms will be fine to keep in a refugium. I would hesitate putting the ones you posted in the display just from their mere size.

The picture of the pink sponges looks like you have removed them from the water and they will more than likely die from being exposed to air. That's assuming they are sponges as there is a possibility that they are tunicates.

razorvines

Well the tank was extremely dirty, so I have been cleaning it all afternoon. So if they are tunicates, then is that good or bad?

Do you think I should just cure the rock?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Tunicates are harmless filter feeders. Unless you can ID them as sponge or tunicates, it's probably wise to cure the rock.

razorvines

Well they do have the double opening to filter the water, like I read about the tunicate. I feel pretty confident thats what they are. Of course I don't know diddly about spounges except for the one I use to wash my truck... lol