uchiha's Via Aqua 18g

uchiha

hi all, wanted to share my nano-reef w/you all...

some quick specs:
  • 1x curved glass Via Aqua 18g tank
  • 1x Aqua C Remora protein skimmer (w/MJ1200)
  • 1x millenium 2000 HOB filter
  • 1x maxijet 1200
  • 1x 150w DE 20K MH retrofit
  • 2x 10w Actinic 03 T5's
  • 10-15 lbs LS
  • 25-30 lbs LR
  • using filtered natural sea water from san diego's scripps institute of oceanography

here are some pix :)

when i first started out summer of 04:
attachment.php

and NOW this is what it looks like! (1/21/05 now over 1/2 year old)
attachment.php

a lil closer
attachment.php

old picture of the tank under actinics
attachment.php

picture of my 150w MH (20K) + 2x10w T5 (act 03) retrofit in the stock VA hood
attachment.php

equipment in the back
attachment.php

cool shot of inside the tank
attachment.php

and another
attachment.php

cool picture of my beloved crocea
attachment.php

i'll try to organize some cool pix later and post some more up... but that's it for now! feel free to comment :turntable

thanks

--Daniel :hallo:

mps9506

Great tank.
I love the retrofit. I assume there is a glass shield between that bulb and the water?

Very cool job. All you nano folks are gonna get me in trouble. Keep making me wanna start a nano tank at work.

uchiha

thanks guys!

yes there is indeed a glass shield that covers the MH + one of the T5's (UV protected of course)... i took it off for picture taking purposes so there was no glare, i should've mentioned that! :)

thanks for looking

jimeluiz

Great job Daniel. Inspirational. :thumbup:

Like Mike - I am drawn to set up a nano at work... :eek:h: :eek:h: could be trouble. (Don't tell my partner there is a hole in our budget!!) :faces:

Gina

RS STAFF
I always find myself at the couple of nano tanks our LFS has set up and have thought several times of setting one up but, have been successful at resisting the urge!
You've done a great job at stocking! Nice colors!

uchiha

thanks! i think nano-reefs aren't as hard to maintain as they're "rumored" to be... this my 2nd SW tank (with the first being a nano too); and i think they're the perfect tanks to maintain for people on the go (such as a college student), and for people who aren't as financially "gifted" (such as a college student). :)

everyone should set one up one time or another in their reefing careers, they're so much easier to make happen than the big tanks which take a little too much time $ money for a young'un like me :turntable

Newt

Wow, I wish my old nano would've turned out to look that great. I'll second
Gina said:
You've done a great job at stocking! Nice colors!
. I'm loving the clam. Great work!