Two little demons....

puffermike

:flaming::flaming::flaming:

I'd been carefully watching my green goniopora the past few days because it has some of the skeleton slightly exposed on the top of it. It hasn't opened up fully and I've been keeping a close eye on it. Today, I noticed the two clownfish hovering around it. Normally they are harassing my trumpet coral to no end hosting... but today I witnessed them tearing off parts of the Goni and eating it. At first I thought they were hosting it but their bites weren't playful. I feed them 2-3 times a day but apparently flower pot coral is on the menu.

I really didn't want to but I removed them from the tank today. Seeing as they are brave enough to bite the hairs on my arms when I'm cleaning I just used a won-ton soup container with pellets in it to catch them both. First they hosted the trumpet and it wouldn't open up and now they are tearing apart the poor Goni. Looks like I'm going to have to find some new livestock for the community reef because these two little demons have officially been put in jail!

I've had these two for years and slowly they've just become terrors...

Blndbunny

My caramel clown had quite a taste for alvopora. She has been fine with everything else but she ended up killing the frag I had

Steve L

I've heard of them being terrors to tank mates but never actually eating corals. Good move, I would have sent them to the slammer too.

puffermike

These two are tank bred ocellaris clownfish. Yup... into my little 15g they went. I don't like the idea of them living in such a small tank so I'm most likely going to sell them back to the LFS if I can't find them a suitable home. They'll get eaten alive in my other tanks!