Tunze stream pumps

cioutlaw

Im considering some new power heads & have a question. how far will the Tunze 6100/6101 pumps push water. Basicly if you placed 1 at the end of a
6ft tank would you see decent flow at the other end? Or should I go with the 6200s?

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
The 6101 pushes 3170gph which is enough IMO for a 6' tank. It's less bulky than the 6201, and it would also generate less heat. I run a 6060 in my 6' tank and it does the job for me.

I would go with the 6101 if I had a choice. :thumbup:

cioutlaw

This might give a better idea of what Im wanting to accomplish.

Overhead view..Pumps are to the right & will have to push water 6ft. to the left. Pumps will be on a controller & will alternate. Brown stuff in the middle are rock work.

flow.jpg

DaveK

I use a pair of Tunze Stream pumps in my 125 gal reef. They have no problem creating flow along the length of the 6 foot tank.

I think your plan will work, but the least amount of flow will be at the left end of the tank. That may create an area for dirt to accumulate.

You might consider 4 stream pumps, one in each corner, so the flow can be directed in opposite directions. This second pair could always be added later.

cioutlaw

I use a pair of Tunze Stream pumps in my 125 gal reef. They have no problem creating flow along the length of the 6 foot tank.

I think your plan will work, but the least amount of flow will be at the left end of the tank. That may create an area for dirt to accumulate.

You might consider 4 stream pumps, one in each corner, so the flow can be directed in opposite directions. This second pair could always be added later.

I hate the look of PHs & am only adding these first 2 because I have to. I have 2 Wavyseas pumping 1200gph from my sump as well. I think I am going with the 6201s to be sure I have plenty of flow at the other end. Dirt accumulation is a good point.

prow

humm, i think the set up your doing would work with reg PH. each tunze adjusts flow from low to high. with one on each side you can create a nice back and forth surge or set them for chaotic wave action. but the way your setting them up is kinda a waste cause you can use reg PH's for the fraction of the price. my .02