Tunze Osmolator in 250 ??????

reefhusker

My tunze osmolator came yesterday and want to make sure I put it in the best place possible. I have seen most place it in the #2 pump chamber. I have my ph and temp probes in that chamber and dont want it to get too crowded or throw off my numbers. Could it be placed in the media compartment, just left of the skimmer?

Do most of you place both sensors on the 1 magnet or do you put each sensor on its own magnet?

Thanks in advance

imaccat

Reefhusker,

I have mine in the right hand chamber. I put it there because in the media chamber I was having problems with the media floating/moving and didn't want to affect the sensors if I put it there. Also by occasionally using the fine filter this will affect the water level in that chamber. The right hand water level, in my tank is much more stable.

I use the single magnet for both sensors.

Moving your other probes might be easier - just a thought :)

PS what ph meter do you have, I've been looking for one but can't decide!

reefhusker

imaccat - The probes are mounted to the back of that chamber, but i will have to move them to the front and place the sensors on the back of that chamber.

I have a ReefKeeper Lite made by Digital Aquatics. It is actually a controller and I got it after reading some stories of people's heater sticking on and nuking their tank. I have a temperature and ph probe and am waiting for their salinity probe to become available.

Bobi1956

Mine is in my sump but I originally installed in the rear chamber - IMO you pretty much need to go with mounting both sensors on the one magnet in the chambers - not much to gain by using them both magnets other than taking up more room.