trying to find out who hurt blue spot jawfish

lbriggs377

Hello, I am a little new to this but I bought a blue spot jawfish sunday. When we introduced him to the tank he hid under some rocks but didnt really make a burrow and when I came home Monday at 5:30 he had 2 big cuts/gashes on his tail and center. I have him quarantined but I am curious what could have done this to him in my tank. I have three tangs (hippo, sail fin, and kole's)2 orange clowns(jouvanile) 2 female antheas, chromis, a purple fire fish and a pink spotted shrimp goby. We also have a skunk cleaner shrimp, some emerald crabs, and a big blue legged hermit. This is a 90 gal tank with 100lbs of live rock and a 3 -4 inch sandbed. I will try and get a picture but it might be hard since we have him quarantined. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.Thank you

IamELMO

Being cuts/gashes, I would suspect one of your tangs (even they are also known as surgeon fish). They have sharp blades on their tail and maybe have been exercising their dominance. People often have issues with blue tangs being aggressive (I never had, but have read it so it must be true :) )

jcgardner

I would have to agree it is probably one of the tangs. Just my 2 cents but that seems like a lot of tangs for a 90g tank. Agression will probably become a big factor.

GrendelPrime

i agree jc that tank is way over the limit as far as fish goes and i would hazzard a guess saying it was 1 of the tangs that gave the bluespot the ol whos ur daddy

cindyp

sorry about your BS
but this was just too funny :jester: :LOL: :LOL:
the tangs that gave the bluespot the ol whos ur daddy