Trouble with two clams

Rob G

Hi, this is my first time on this site. I have been keeping fresh and saltwater tanks for over 20 years. the tank as of now is a 210 us gal. with a 25 gal refugium. two 250 watt 14k, and one 250 watt 10k, with two actinic VHO. Augua Medic calcium reactor, and skimmer, turbo twist UV, used only 1x a week. Current chiller. 200 lbs of live rock.
Having trouble with my clams opening, All Acros doing fine, as well as my montipora, leathers, button polyps, stick polyps, star polyps, and sea whips. I have mushrooms spreading out of control, can this be the problem? All water parameters are fine. Please help if you can. Thanks for listening.
Rob

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Hi Rob and welcome to RS , only thing that comes to mind is carbon,you dont mention it so maybe that would relieve some noxious substances. best of luck Steve

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Which clams do you have {Maxima,Crocea, Deresa, Gigas etc.} and were are they placed ? How long have you had them ? What is your current fish list ? What is your parameters particularly cal/alk ? Are there in any corals in contact with the Mantle ? When the Mantles extend have you noticed any pinch or curl on them ?

billyr98

Welcome to RS.. Robert asked some good questions... My only question to add is there any angels in the tank?

lcstorc

Welcome to RS!
I've only had clams for a short while so I have no suggestions, but wanted to add a welcome regardless.

corallimorph

Has been struck by the ban stick
Welcome to RS.....Yeah those damn little snails,(Pyramidellid snails?)check the edge of the mantel for(what look like) little grains of rice.-Dave

Have you added new snails(turbos/astreas) lately?(they are periodically introduced with them)