"Trimming an Anenome"

Maxx

I dont think that shipping this guy would be such a major issue. Most of the fatalities occuring w/ anemones are because they've been being shipped for many days straight, and really havent had a stable environment for too long. This one is in great health, has been in a stable environment for over 2 years and wouldnt be going to a LFS w/ questionable water/system quality. If it were me I would find a way to keep him too....beg, borrow, or steal another aquarium and find a way to make this happen, simply because these animals are very difficult to keep genereally. But if he decided to ship it ( assuming it could be seperated from the rock or most of the rock w/o damage to the anemone) I think it would ship just fine.
Brucey have you thought of showing this thread to Lou in an effort to show her how many people are amazed that you have kept this animal for this long and this well and how rare it is to keep them for 2 years or more? That might go aways towards helping her understand why you NEED to set up another tank.
Just a thought,
Nick

Brucey

Nick, thanks for the link on RC (Very interesting)..... Yes Lou has seen this thread, and no I don't think I'll be able to get another tank ...... even if she did say it would be ok. I really want to keep the chap so we'll see how things progress over the next ferw months. If he grows any bigger it could really become an issue. The Montiopra I managed to FRAG and start off again towards the other end of the tank and the Acro's are doing fine so far ..... so fingers crossed, all will be ok. Watch this space
Brucey

Maxx

Excellent!!!! My main concern was for you to be able to keep the monster. You've worked very hard for quite a while to get him that big, I think you should be able to enjoy it.
Glad your keeping him.
Nick

Maxx

Brucey,
I told you I had strted a thread over @ RC about your anemone...there is a guy who used to have one that he wound up moving to another tank, and he has some general interest type questions...you would be able to answer them much better than me acting as the middle man...I havent mentioned anything about you deciding to keep the monster, as I figured that the info you would recieve is good to have if ou ever decide to move it at the very least.
Here is the thread I started, you might wanna pop over and check it out....
Nick

J

jupiter

I have dreams of owning a purple ritteri. I have a few photos of anemones that I am still waiting to frame (after about 10 years :rolleyes: ) but none of them can beat the look of a pair of true percs in a purple ritteri. I would break my boycott to get my hands on one of those. I'd throw out my gigato-normous hammer coral (centre-piece of the tank) if I could get that anemone. Oooo, the things I would do! :drool:

Brucey

Nick, your a star, Thanks for posting on my behalf, I've replied to Tony and await his reply. Jup .... Wow a Pruple Ritteri, I have never seen one .... you got any pics mate. I'd love to see them
Brucey