Trigger question

msalih81

Hi I have a blue jawed trigger and he is eating like a pig and acting normal other then I've noticed the past couple of days that when he is swimming out in the open he seems to keep stretching his locking spine along with the other small spine on the underside of him. It almost seems like he is yawning but when I was watching him he probably did this about 3 times over a minute. There are 2 tangs in the tank that kind of bully him around but it doesn't seem to affect him, he doesn't hide, etc. When I was watching this go on I had just put algae in the tank on the clip and him and the tangs were going nuts over it. Anyways I know they are known to lock and put up their spines in rocks at night but I couldn't find any info on other reasons they would do that. Is it a threat posture or something? Thanks all:snshne:

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I would have to agree.....similar to puffing ones chest out. What size tank (considering you have a trigger and tang(s))

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
hahahaha. I was looking at bluejaw but then i found that he would probably be to aggressives towards my peaceful anthias so i went with a PBT

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Ur good. He just wants everything to know how cool he is. Great fish dude

.............stay thirsty my friend.