Travis's 20L prop tank

ReefLady

Staff member
This was just set up a couple weeks ago, "hot-cycled" with LR from another tank.

Previously my prop tank was a 29gal with a 6" DSB, and a 10-gallon sump. Growth was less than spectacular.

So, when we moved, I decided to become a bare-bottom man. To nullify the added 6" the light would have to travel since there was no DSB, I replaced the 29 with a 20L. I also decided to forego the sump this time, it really didn't do me a whole lot of good on this setup anyway.

Kept the 2x65W CSL moonlight unit and added the CPR 24" HOB refugium from the old 46 setup, right now one maxijet 900 on a natural wave timer, will be adding more (probably today). I used standard PVC to set up the prop rack made of light diffuser, AKA eggcrate. And... in the frags went!

When I bought the 180 some of the fish had to go in here due to possible compatibility issues. Right now, it houses 1 domino damsel (whose days are numbered), one true perc, one small royal gramma and one bicolor blenny.

Here's the tank as of last night:

3PROPPER9617WEB-med.jpg

Some softies I fragged for local sale/trade:

3toadfrag9608WEB-med.jpg

3speckledfrag9607WEB-med.jpg

3mixedsoftfrags9610WEB-med.jpg

And, finally, I've been seeing some amazing growth from my zoanthids since they went from the old prop tank to the new 55 barebottom, they're at the bottom under 3x96W of PC and they just took off! So... I FINALLY have some frags ready to grow out and then sell. The mother colonies are still in the 55, these are the actual frags now in the 20L.

3frag19531web-med.jpg

3frag9-9547web-med.jpg

3frag7-9543web-med.jpg

3frag6-9536web-med.jpg

3frag5-9536web-med.jpg

3frag4-9534web-med.jpg

3frag3-9533web-med.jpg

3frag2-9532web-med.jpg

3frag14-9553web-med.jpg

3frag13-9552web-med.jpg

3frag12-9550web-med.jpg

3frag11-9549web-med.jpg

3frag10-9548-med.jpg

ScottT1980

Is this whats left of your prop tank that crashed? It looks good buddy, I can't wait for you to throw some up on that website of yours!!!

Take er easy
Scott T.

ReefLady

Staff member
Prop tank never crashed. I had a lot of problems with predators/evil crabs, but no crash. I actually have many more zos than this, these are the ones that I'm getting ready to sell.

I regret ever promising to sell zo's on my web site... I don't have the know-how to set it up right, and don't have the stock to make it worthwhile to people. Considering ebay to save me the shipping time, or possibly just posting them in the sponsor specials section here for a "first dibs" special.

semigodd154

i definately want the blue zoos and the red ones those are intense could you show a pic of those under actinics? Please

ReefLady

Staff member
OK, you asked for it buddy, but I can't be responsible for what happens when you see these electric blue rings under actinics, LOL.

3bluering9555act-med.jpg

3orange9557actweb-med.jpg

3orring9565actweb-med.jpg

3mix9566actweb-med.jpg

semigodd154

beautiful I will put myself on the list for when you have them grown out some gorgeous colors travis and nice work on the pics as well. BTW thanks for posting these so quickly.

ReefLady

Staff member
No prob, I took them last night with the others but sometimes people doubt the true colors when you post actinic shots.

These blue-ringed ones are by far the most breathtaking zo's I've ever seen when under actinic. "electric" doesn't quite come off well in web colors but I think you get the idea, and just believe me when I say electric is the right word. :)